To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Version 0.79 not respecting half open limit

replicants

I'm using BitComet 0.79 on Vista Ultimate edition (TechNet download).

I've set Max simultaneous half-open TCP connection to 4 in Preferences, but when I look under Statisitics for a dowload I see for example

Half-Open: 8[MAX:10]

Its more than just cosmetic as I also get the occasional event in the system logs complaining about having too many half-open connections.

As a side note, I took a look under TCP/IP Limit and the Current OS Version shows as "OS unrecognized." form.

This feature is only for Winxp sp2

I would not attempt to alter this using Vista O/S

I'm sure our developers will consider incorporating vista into our client when windows vista is released.

Suspect

Want to clarify that i'm not trying to extend the O/S limit beyond 10 half-open connections. I'm want the BitComet client to not attempt to use more than 4 half-open connections so I have 6 more free for other applications.

It's my understanding that any torrent client will use much more connection attempts, but they will be held in queue, and a max of 10 will be "open" at a time.

I don't think it is possible to limit the amount of attempts to establish these connections.

Dark Shroud posted a topic regarding this here...

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=984

The option in the new Bit Comet client is to alter the amount that windows will allow, not the amount that Bit comet requests.

As I stated before, this option cannot, and you certainly should not attempt to use it with Windows Vista. I would allow your operating system to manage which half open connections are active.

Suspect

ps. I am requesting that Dark Shroud review this topic, in case either of us is misunderstanding something.

Ok, yes I'm glad you didn't try the TCP/IP mod as that's only for XP & 2003 and can really screw up Vista.

Don't worry about the "[MAX:10]," that is showing what the system limit is. When you set the program limit to 4 did you reboot the client?

Hi Dark_Shroud,

I've restarted the client a couple of times since