To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

I need some help...

Deaths_Legion

Hey, I'm new. Sorry if it seems I'm just jumping in, but I need to ask a question.

I've never particularly had a problem with Bitcomet, which is why I use it, but recently I can't get any good download speed at all. I've been trying to torrent SW: KotOR2 for a while now, and I finally found a torrent with .iso's, so I'm running it. The problem is that the seeds and the peers are connected, but I don't have a download or upload speed. Both are 0! I tried with another file to see if it was just the torrent, but the same thing happened. Sorry if this has been answered before, I'm just kind of pissed right now. -_-

well maibe that the torrent you have downloaded has a traker that bannes bittcomet from downloading the files from its traker it rarelly happens 2 me... its just a poor judgment from the traker hosts... you should try downloading another torrent... about the general speed problem i don't really know about it...it might be that you haven't set corectly biitcomet or that the firrewall blocks bittcomet use...

Can I ask what Bitcomet version are you ussing and have you let bitcomet use all the ports he wants from the firrewal?

well maibe that the torrent you have downloaded has a traker that bannes bittcomet from downloading the files from its traker it rarelly happens 2 me... its just a poor judgment from the traker hosts... you should try downloading another torrent... about the general speed problem i don't really know about it...it might be that you haven't set corectly biitcomet or that the firrewall blocks bittcomet use...

Can I ask what Bitcomet version are you ussing and have you let bitcomet use all the ports he wants from the firrewal?

I've tried it with a couple torrents, but for some reason it won't start downloading. The seeds and the peers connect, so there's no problem there, but it just doesn't start downloading. My firewall is allowing Bitcomet to access my computer, so no problem there. I'm using version 0.79. (I think)

As I said, I'm kind of new to the torrenting scene, so I may not be making any sense...I know most of what I'm talking about, but there are things I'm pretty unsure of...

EDIT: Well, not sure what happened, but it's working now. Maybe just a little trouble last night, but it's working again...pretty good too! ^^