To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

connect server failed

dan88

I´m try to connect to my account in the Beta Server BT, but always appear this message "connect server failed". And I can´t do any download on my computer with the Bitcomet. I have installed in my PC the Windows XP, Bitcomet 0.79 and my internet broadband is DSL 500kbps. How can I normalize the download and connect to the BC server.. please help me...

The question is whether this is a server failure or something BitComet's doing. You should downgrade to stable version 0.70 and stay with it until a later stable version is released. That will eliminate the client question. Then if you're still getting the error, with that server but most others work fine, the problem is likely to be on their end. Servers can be pretty fussy to set up, so that might continue for a while.

I have downgraded to the 0.70 version of Bitcomet and it still not working very well. Please can you post some configuration of Bitcomet, because I don´t know what to do anymore, I had configurated the firewall and everything else, but everytime I try to begin a download it just don´t start. When i used the 0.79 version the download rate was 40-55kbps, and when the download comes to 83.7% it stopped, the seeds and peers does´t appear in the program and the download stop... please help me...

The question is whether this is a server failure or something BitComet's doing. You should downgrade to stable version 0.70 and stay with it until a later stable version is released. That will eliminate the client question. Then if you're still getting the error, with that server but most others work fine, the problem is likely to be on their end. Servers can be pretty fussy to set up, so that might continue for a while.

I have upgraded to bitcomet 0.79 again and i finally connect with the BC Server Beta, but i have this problem, I just can download several torrend, but the games downloads just don´t start, it´s strange, all torrents files the download rate is between 35-55kbbps, but when the torrent file is a game, the program just can´t begin the download or find the seeds and peers..... please help me again...

I have upgraded to bitcomet 0.79 again and i finally connect with the BC Server Beta, but i have this problem, I just can download several torrend, but the games downloads just don´t start, it´s strange, all torrents files the download rate is between 35-55kbbps, but when the torrent file is a game, the program just can´t begin the download or find the seeds and peers..... please help me again...

Check right here, Dan... nicely done 'BitComet Set Up' tutorial... ;)

Also, the board has a 'search topic' function too... the spot on the left-hand bottom of the page where it says 'enter keyword' :P

JJ