Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

DL really slow pls help thk

Kazaff

router:ZTE ZXDSL

DSL:1mb

version:0.60

dont have windown firewall,but got mcafee firewall

problem:at past i dl speed always in full speed like 140~150kb/s but nowday near this month november till now,my speed drop till higher speed 30kb/s sometimes dont even have any speed....the heath very good but lot of peer sometimes 0.0% n need wait almost 10 min then connect to true dl rate....is this my isp block me to bt o wat problem like this?n my dl rate cant more than 50kb/s if isp block me to dl got other software o any skill to unblock?the speed to dl (other dl,no bitcomet)still in full only bitcomet o other same bitcomet software cant only..

pls help me n thk a lot

have a nice day to every1

The most likely cause is that your firewall is now blocking your listen port. Check your peers tab to see if you have any initiations as REMOTE. If they're all LOCAL or NAT, then you do have a firewall issue. This is most often caused by failure to set a static IP, followed by your computer being assigned a different IP so the port is no longer forwarded correctly by your router.

but i use this firewall long time n at past never like this b4 n kluelos u said if got remote then not firewall problem rite?n i got lot of remote but still low speed n lot of peer still need take a lot of time to appear their true dl rate(almost 10 min per 1).each take 10 min...then if need 10 peer need take 10 min*10...so this my isp problem?n any 1 know how to unblock isp anti bt software?cos lot of my fren also like that deacrease the speed a lot.

n thk a lot kluelos but i still need help

Forward more my pc info,i m sure that i got static ip,the problem is my peer show that still need time to appear their true form of dl rate(%) so got any 1 can help me clean this kind of error o bug?o may be i need change my bitcomet version o dl any kind of software may help this kind of problem?

thk to every1 n have a nice day :)

If you are showing "remote" peers, then your port should be open.

If you want to be sure, you can check your listening port at "canyouseeme.org"

Anything other then "open" means you have a problem.

There are several reasons why your download can be slow. The most common cause is the peers you are connecting to are running multiple torrents, without the bandwidth to support them. I advise that you run only one, or at most two at a time, so you don't become a problem to others as well as yourself.

Another possibility is that your ISP is throttling Bit torrent traffic.

Many companies do this. In the past, you could stop them "somewhat" by enabling protocol encryption (I suggest you do this), but with newer methods they are using, it may be a while before it is fully defeated.

Some programs like "netenforcer" are harming bittorrent traffic, so if your ISP is using such tactics, the best thing to do is complain, and switch companies.

If you want to test your connection/client, I would try downloading "Open Office" torrent...

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/index.html

Their torrent are very well seeded, and you should download close to your max bandwidth.

If this torrent runs very good, then you know that your capable of downloading, and the problem is the speed in which the data is being sent to you.

Suspect

Suspect u means dl this open office will help me solve the problem?n i try that canyouseeme.org this web site,that web site tell me i no been block.i trying dl that openoffice now but still same problem+very slow...but after i finish dl c can use that openoffice 1st.

Thk a lot suspect

have a nice day every 1 :D

I m finish dl the open office,when dl speed also cant more than 50kb/s n i let it dl alone too, the peer also need take time to appear...i think may be my isp throttling Bit torrent traffic.so now i wat i can do is wait bitcomet can crack that anti bt software.n thk a lot to every1 who help me thk.

have a nice day every1 :)

The Open Office torrent will not solve your problem. It will just provide a good test of your situation, because it is a well-distributed torrent that will download as fast as your current setup is capable of receiving.

Since your download was that slow and had so many problems, it looks like you are indeed being throttled. The best thing you can do about that is to change ISP's and tell your old one why you are leaving -- so that they know their policy is costing them customers and money.

wat can i said...my place here just got 4 isp.n i using this 1 isp is the cheap plus faster speed.but now this isp change a lot is just the politik problem....they want learn china that politik how to solve the internet problem....ban p*** website n ban bt website....n now they trying....now i just hope the time will let them know wat them doing is useless.Live Forever BT....but i still in low speed haha.

Thk to every1 who try o already help me

Wish every1 have a nice day everyday :lol: