To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

problem with downloads (always blue arrowed)

spumals

I've been using bit comet for at least 2 years now and its been smooth and fine up until 2 days ago. I havent stopped downloading, ive actually just finished downloading two days ago, which was when it stopped to work. the downloads simply stayed at the blue arrows and would never seem to find a way to download. but before this, speed wasnt a problem for me at all. This problems seems to come out of no where and i have no clue whats going on. i tried reinstalling several versions of bitcomet but the problem was still there and i havent been able to download anything. the only thing i can see as a difference is that my DHT says its not connected. but does that affect anything? anyone have similar problem? or know how to solve this. help!

You've got a firewall blocking BitComet.

oh really? but ive had the same stuff going on for the past two years, and it has been working all this time. how do i fix my firewall then? I already configured it so that Internet security allows BitComet to access the internet. what else do i have to do?

i just tried turning off my firewall, but then it still wouldnt start downloading. i highly doubt its firewall. is there a way to get the DHT working? or anyway that i am able to download again?