To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Greetings from Belgium

JimmyJump

Hi-di-ho, ppl

Hello from the Port Of Antwerp, Belgium ;)

Am a heavy up/downloader. Uploading own rips, music only...

Been a BitComet user since version 0.54... but latest versions are a tad unstable (0.77) or have bugs (0.79) so I thought I might pop-in and sample some news...

Have some itches that need scratching, so I'll be off to read around

Already seen a few topics regarding some issues, so that's my next stop...

Take care folks, don't do anything the insurance doesn't cover B)

JJ

:welcome: JJ

Version .79 is quite good, but we still consider version .70 to be the latest stable version. The newer versions are a completely new client, and originally had severe problems, many of which are resolved.

Suspect

:welcome: JJ

Version .79 is quite good, but we still consider version .70 to be the latest stable version. The newer versions are a completely new client, and originally had severe problems, many of which are resolved.

Suspect

Thanks for the welcome, Suspect ;)

Yep, just reverted back to 0.70 version... tho that one always shows some heavy up/download traffic at start-up... traffic stops after 10 to 15 sec. tho...

Cheerio mate, am back to reading some more ...

JJ

One thing Bit Comet does is look for, and update (if needed) the latest list of torrent sites.

Also, if you have enabled DHT, this will require some bandwidth to connect. If you have a slow internet connection, then you should disable it (unless needed)

:)

One thing Bit Comet does is look for, and update (if needed) the latest list of torrent sites.

Also, if you have enabled DHT, this will require some bandwidth to connect. If you have a slow internet connection, then you should disable it (unless needed)

:)

I thought it would be something like that... :lol:

Nah, got bandwidth enough to keep it like it is...

Tho this here thread ain't the right place to start a wee discussion bout diff BitComet aspects, I nevertheless thank thee for thy reply, Unusual Suspect ;)

JJ

I've always wanted to go to Antwerp, tons of history there. I've always wanted to see where in the the city operation Market Garden took place. (It was during WWII) and cool icon, does it symbolize anything?

Operation Market-Garden (first codename "Comet", coïncidentally) didn't start from Antwerp (tho supplies and troops were shipped to the port) but from a smaller town to the east, called Lommel... From there, Allied ground troops chopped their way to Arnhem in Holland...

The avatar is a detail from the cover of "Sign Of The Hammer", by NYC based band Manowar...

It is the Mjolnir, better known as the Hammer Of Thor, God of Thunder...

JJ