To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

how often should i has check?

coolaid

my friend saids that everytime i stop or resume a download i should always do a hash check with bitcomet, or else the file might get corroupt or something, my pc is stable and i do follow his advice whenever my pc crash while bitcomet is running, horever most of the time i forgot to do this regularly, although most of my files ened up ok, i was wondering weather i really nned to follow my friend's advice for good.

please help, many thanks

Almost never, really. BitComet hash-checks each piece as it receives it, and will optionally check the whole download when it finishes. Apart from that BC will usually do a check automatically when it needs it (such as after a crash that left cache info unwritten to the disk.)

Manual hash checks are useful when BC doesn't know that data is there -- because, for example, you moved the contents to a different pathname -- and you need BC to evaluate it in its new location and either pick up where it left off or start seeding, or whatever you're trying to do.

So you don't need to do manual hash checks except under certain extraordinary circumstances.