To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help with download

Are there any seeds on that torrent?

In the peers tab does it look like everyone is stuck where your at?

That torrent your downloading may be a lost cause, if there's no seeds then go to the site you got it and ask for someone to reseed it, but dont hold your breath.

There are several things you can check.

Are the torrents you mentioned have alot of peers that are all stuck at this level?

If so, its possible they could be bad torrents...

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_torrents

If all your torrents gradually slow down to a stop, and you are using windowsXP service pack two, then try shutting down your client and restart it, if that corrects the problem, then there is a fix for that issue. You need to increase the max amount of connection errors allowed.

I can post instructions to do this here, if none exsist already.

If none of this info is helpful, then post exactly what percentage your torrents stopped at, and a link to the page where you downloaded them, and I will try to asist you further.

Suspect

If all your torrents gradually slow down to a stop, and you are using windowsXP service pack two, then try shutting down your client and restart it, if that corrects the problem, then there is a fix for that issue. You need to increase the max amount of connection errors allowed.

I hope max amount of connection errors allowed doesn't mean Microsoft's limited number of simultaneous incomplete outbound TCP connection attempts per second.

I'm in the process of writing a new guide about that since there is so much wrong informantion floating about the net on this.

Here is a post that I found useful in getting past the connection limit.

I posted this on other torrent sites I use on the regular. This might apply to some of U here.

Event 4226. Thats something Microsoft put in SP2 .Microsoft put this is to protect against the spread of worms and the such. But It puts a limit on P2P applications too. Event 4226 limits the max tcp connections u can recieve and/or send. B4 SP2 it was unlimited. With SP2 its 8 or 10. Some P2P programs tinker with it and make the value 50. Thats cool for most ppl, but nothing beats unlimited.

To see if you get Event 4226, (This method of finding it is for ppl with XP Home/Pro)

go to Start/Settings/Control Panel. Click on Admin. Tools. Click Event Viewer. Click on System. In the big column to the right, see if you can find Event 4226. if you dont find it, you OK. If you do find it, there are ways to change it.

Check this place out:

CODE

http://www.lvllord.de/

They created a lil program that changes the max concurrent connects from 8 or 10 to 16,777,214. And even tho the max value you can change it to is 16 million, in their eyes that the same as unlimited. Who gonna get 16 million ppl connected to them at the same time anyway?

I have had several reports that this has resolved this issue from bit torrent users with sp2 installed.

I'm also told that bitcomet has adapted by increasing the number to a slightly higher amount (exactly what amount I'm not sure), but since many of us use more then one client, for what ever reason, I have provided this info.

although 16 million is alittle more then needed :P so I would recommend setting a number you feel safe with.

I can also say that bit comet users have had this problem, even with the newer versions, so perhaps the developers need to adjust their fix somewhat.

Suspect