To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How do I register with a Tracker?

Juzzy

I am trying to download "Stingray.-.Episodes.01.-.10[1]" from www.torrentspy.com but it states that it is "locked" and that "You must register with the Tracker in order to download!"

When trying to download it, I am getting no connections.

I have been downloading quite a bit before but have not come across a "locked" torrent file before.

The tracker is "http://abetterplace2b.com/tk1/announce.php" but when I visit this site, I just get some web place holder page.

How do I register with this torrent in order to download it?

Thanks in advance

Juzzy

This torrent is on a private tracker, and not permissable for public to download.

Some of these private trackers will allow you to register and download, others will let you join only if a member recommends you, and some are closed to anyone other then their members.

I will see what I can find out about this tracker, but it might not help.

Suspect

EDIT:

It appears that this tracker and its forum are not online, or perhaps hidden.

I did some searching and found a link to their forum, but it contained the same search page as the address you provided.

My advice is to not waste your time with this one, but if you do find their web site, please PM me, in case this comes up again...

Sorry I couldn't provide more help.

Thanks. Appreciate your help and effort.

Why would this appear on a public Torrent site if it is private/locked?

And if anyone can find any Gerry Anderson stuff, please let me know. Fireball XL5, Joe 90, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet.... they're so good.!

Why would this appear on a public Torrent site if it is private/locked?

AFAIK, there are two ways to upload .torrent to a site:

- by using robots that collect .torrent-s they can find (e.g.via RSS feeds)

and

- by using user-submitted torrents.

Some torent indexing sites that I remember of warn users if .torrent has external tracker, and some of them warn about private trackers too. You may consider using another torrent site. Either google for them or check Dragosani's signature.