To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

help configuring my ports

hi, well I was reading the "How to Set up Portforwarding & Static IP, Tips on how to speed up your downloads as well." faq in the Guides and HOWTO's section but I have a few questions, well I must be using a proxi because mi IP adress ends in .44 and the Default Gateway ends in .1 so ¿am I using a proxi ?, next is about the portfoward, when I enter the site I cant find my modem there I am using an ethernet fast pci sis 900 router to conect (well I read this stuf in my pc so I could be a bit mistaken :P ) and the brand for the modem is MOTOROLA SB5100 surfboard cable modem, well thanks the rest kind of easy :P I just need this stuf thanks again

You're getting your terminology mixed up. You also write so poorly that it's hard to figure out what you actually have.

The SIS 900 is your network interface/lan card or chipset. It is absolutely not a router. The SB5100 is a plain modem. It does not include a router.

IP addresses do not indicate whether or not you have a proxy server.

From what you have supplied, it does not seem that you have a router. No router, no external firewall. No external firewall, no need for port-forwarding, as there's nothing to forward a port on or through. If you do have a router, you haven't identified it.

I assume you speak spanish, so understand your difficulty with english.

To make the other members reply more clear, its easy to tell if you have a router.

If there are more then one computer using the modem, then you have a box (router) hooked up to the modem.

If it is one computer, then you can select any port you like, no need to setup port forwarding.

Suspect

Puedo traducir al español si está necesitado

well thanks, spanish is my first language, I can read english but writing is something that troubles me :P , well back to topic, I just have one computer so there is no need for the port fowarding and I made the port test (https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2) and it tells me Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED), Unsolicited Packets: PASSED, Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) and the port status is open if bitcomet is running or closed if bitcomet is not running so Do I have the rigth settings? thanks

That looks just right. Your listening port is open. When BitComet is running, it answers on that port. When it's not, there is nothing to answer, so that's exactly how it should behave. You can pretty much forget about this part of it, because it looks like you've got it sorted already.

Very good, It appears this issue is resolved.

If you ever have need to share the modems connection with two or more computers, then you will need to setup port forwarding, after installing a router.

I'm glad we were able to help, and your english is quite good, and far, far better then my spanish :P

Suspect