To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

my download is too slow :(

im not on a cable internet, speed 48.0 - 54.0 mbit/s

my internet connection is shared with other computers

this torrent shows 11kb/s upload speed currently

what can i do?? its too slow =(( i cant wait for weeks.....

If your internet connection is that fast, I would be supprised, as very few ISPs will give users anywhere near that bandwidth.

However, since you said that you share the connection, this explains alot.

In order to run bit torrent successfully, you will need to configure the port that your client uses to connect directly to the tracker.

You will need access to the adminstrators account in the router or network admin in order to forward all traffic on that port to your computer.

If you don't do this, you requests for data and responces from the tracker will be delayed, and your download speeds will suffer.

Suspect

If your internet connection is that fast, I would be supprised, as very few ISPs will give users anywhere near that bandwidth.

However, since you said that you share the connection, this explains alot.

In order to run bit torrent successfully, you will need to configure the port that your client uses to connect directly to the tracker.

You will need access to the adminstrators account in the router or network admin in order to forward all traffic on that port to your computer.

If you don't do this, you requests for data and responces from the tracker will be delayed, and your download speeds will suffer.

Suspect

how to configure the port?

I'm assuming that you don't control the router or firewall. You'll have to ask whoever does control it, to configure a port for you. Hopefully, they will, but they might refuse. Many public and private organizations prohibit bittorrent, or just don't like the idea of holes in the firewall and won't permit them.

If that's the case, you'll probably just have to live with the current speed.