To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Incomplete Torrent Download - Can i Play what i have so far?

eathemeek

I downloaded a movie file, but it has stopped at 99.2%.. it will not go any further and other suers say ithat only 99.2% of the file has been avaliable for months. Is there anyway to compile what i have. I am using bitcomet and and it creates the full sized file and then seems to slot the data in as it comes in.. so its not like a partial file.. its a full file but with missing data. All 0.8 percent of it :P. Anyway.. i used to use Kazaa lite ages ago and you could view what you had of incomplete dat files. Is there a way to do this with torrent downloads. Seems a shame as this is one of the best cartoons i have seen and is no longer in any video stores in my town. Thanks for your time.

The file is Xvid - Avi format

Ok i got it running by right clicking on the torrent in bitcomet and going "preview video file..".. it now runs fine. Since i can't finish the download does anyone know of a way i can save this preview to a file to capture what i have as a file.

Ok i got it running by right clicking on the torrent in bitcomet and going "preview video file..".. it now runs fine. Since i can't finish the download does anyone know of a way i can save this preview to a file to capture what i have as a file.

sounds like u have the promblem i do i would check the whole video to make sure their are not holes in it.

If what you've got is ok, then stop the torrent, rename the partially downloaded file to get rid of the ".bc!" extension if applicable, and just treat the file as you normally would. You may want to edit the filename to reflect its incompleteness so you don't forget that later.