To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Uninstall and install BC

I want to uninstall old version of BC and make a clean install of new version. When I unistall the old one and then install the new one will my torrents be loaded again. And what I must do so everything to be normal and my torrents to continue from the % they were before? :unsure:

Edited by dimchopicha2003 (see edit history)

What do you mean by "clear install"? That usually means getting rid of every trace of the old version before installing the new. Which is fine, but that would clearly preclude having the new version pick up where the old one left off -- because you already removed every trace of the old one including data about existing torrents.

If you simply want to upgrade your BitComet version, then install the new version right over the old one. You don't need to uninstall the old one first. The new version will continue with your existing torrents right where they left off, and keep all your old settings/preferences.

If you don't want to do that, you might want to explain exactly what you do want to do, and we can help you figure out how to do it.

I have a feeling that when I just install the new version over the old one some of the bugs still present nomatter they are removed in the new version. That is why I want to make a clean install but somehow to save the hash info (delete all other files and registry keys) so I can continue to download my torrents like before. You guess what I meant by "clear install".

"clear install" to be read "clean install" :rolleyes:

Edited by dimchopicha2003 (see edit history)