To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

UPNP is blocked!

Thanks dear.

But I don't have access to that router (IT Person have lock it).

Is there a solution.

My manager is using BitTorrent and his downloading is always on althouth he is 90% out of the site (I know this cuase I operate his PC)

Almost all of the torrents in your screenshot have no seeders. You have the HEALTH column scrolled off of the screen, but the one that we can see says the health is zero. Torrents with 0 health mean that nobody in the swarm has any part of the file. Unless/until a seeder joins the swarm, this torrent will not even start, much less finish.

You are running way, way too many tasks at once. Cut that down to two active tasks and see how you do. Two healthy tasks, nothing will help with a task that isn't being seeded and has 0 health.

Nobody understands what you mean when you speak of auto-PNP. BitComet already supports PNP. If this would solve your problem, then it should have already been solved, but as I say, nobody can figure out what you are talking about, why you think this applies, or how you think it would help.

We are guessing at what you mean, but nobody knows and you don't seem to be willing or able to explain.

But if you are trying to download unhealthy tasks, nothing at all will make any difference: nothing in, nothing out.

If you are trying to download so many tasks that ARE healthy, it makes you a very poor partner and everyone in the swarm will eventually refuse to trade with you: the only thing that will help is to avoid running more tasks than your connection will adequately support.

and look at the upload limits for tasks,he won't get any speed with that upload limit.i think the idea of running 1-2 task and queuing other task,and putting upload limit depending on modem speed,should be added to FAQ with a little explanation about how it helps.Because i came across many people doing the same thing they just run tens,hundreds of task with off-course low upload limit and then complain about speed

Edited by Puttachinku (see edit history)

Thanks all m8s.

greywizard:

Could you please specify what are looking for?

kluelos:

Dear, all torrent files are working fine and with good speed until someone come to my office (where the router is) to re-sit the router and then it all became Zero so I restart the BitComet to access the download/upload again (I witness this).

Puttachinku:

I am not complaining the speed is low but it is Zero Down/up.

Thanks all for you help.

post-55708-12682052306451.jpg

Dear kluelos,

I am not sure what I am trying to say.

But I am sure that if someone re-sit the router BitComet does't start the tasks again but it keep 0 down/up

until I restart the program then it continue the tasks

THIS IS MY PROBLEM.

Could help please?

I realy like BitComet and like the contiune use it

Thank you

Dear Puttachinku,

Why I do many downloads at one time?

Cause I want to guarantee that Downloading/Uploading is not stopped cuase there is no peers/seeds for the files.

But to keep working (downloading/uploading) even if all files share the speed.

post-55708-12682063880834.jpg

i can tell one you one thing,you will definitely get much more over all speed when you run only one or two task,plus you should check the health of the any torrent before you download it.In any case it won't help you to keep-up your download/upload,on the contrary it will slow you down because of too many task and too many task means too many download,too many download means too many upload and it means too many peer connection and connection attempt.because of this your upload will be reduced and eventually other client will reject you as bad peer.so at the end torrent task will consumes more time when they can be downloaded much faster.off-course torrent means not only downloading you should upload them too.because that what makes torrent community, working together and helping each other :) .

well.... this discussion is kind a off track i mean original post was about UPNP but,i think it's worth to say

oh...! and one another thing,i think you forgot to Camouflage your torrent tasks :D

Edited by Puttachinku (see edit history)

But my idea is to make 5-10 tasks so even if peers are weak.

I use blanace speed in other tasks.

This idea is wrong and will not work. BitComet does not work that way. Running so many tasks is what keeps and will keep other peers "weak", as you put it -- rather, they regard you as hopelessly weak and will not trade with you anymore. You will not "balance" tasks this way, rather you will bring them all to speeds near zero. The more you do this, the worse that gets.

well i have the same broadband connection i can download up to 200KB/s and upload up to 70KB/s

actually according to your image yours Broadband connection much stronger than mine because yours is 2MBps and Mine 2Mbps.there is difference between Mb And MB.mb means megabit and MB means Megabyte, that is Mega-bit and Mega-byte and 1byte=8bits.according to this your connection should be 8 times stronger than mine.if that is the case your speed is too low,i think some thing wrong in that site or maybe it's the result of your too many torrent tasks

The service provider technician reported that what you would get 200 KBps speed only not 2 MBps (refer to above photo).

and that speed is to be shared with about 20 PC.

What I noticed by WinArpSpoof is 4 PC are heavly downloading so I know that they are using Torrent programs.

That's why my speed is not fast.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem as fedbh

when the connection is reset, the gatway is reset and the port is blocked and the download becomes very slow (this is clear by clicking check again). In the country where i live (KSA) this may happen every few hours or less.

it is not the number of tasks, I run many tasks to overcome weak swarms and in this way i may pass the limit of my connection (500 kb/s may reach to 700 kb/s for few min) provided the port is open.

it is not a big problem, just let the bitcomet check the port every say 30 min (the check again procedure) and if it is closed to retry UPNP port mapping (the retry UPNP port mapping procedure) and that is all.