To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet requires a new look

mrvex

I personally think for everyone who would eagerly accept a "new and exciting" look, there would be 100 who ask why we had to go change things and force them to relearn the app. One of the major complaints on the website "facebook", and probably the primary reason for the demise of the once popular "myspace" is they felt the users wanted "new and exciting", when a great many just wanted something that worked... Imagine if you got in your car one morning, leaving late to head into work and found all your car's controls had changed and you had to spend two hours reading the manual to learn how to drive it. You'd soon be shopping for a new car... and perhaps a new job after being fired for showing up two hours late. As far as uTorrent goes, I like their program, but the new look is something I was eager to get rid of. As for Vuse, when it was introduced there were countless people asking how to bring back Azureus because they hated it.

I'd personally be against any major changes to the GUI, but would like to see options to change things like colors/buttons etc.. perhaps custom skins that were optional, but nothing that forced a new look or design on users, that would be a huge mistake.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

When windows changed their looks, in Windows 7...some were complaining...other major comp freaks were excited...i was personally excited about it. Now everyone is accustomed to the new Windows Interface...same goes to Win8.... I chose BitComet over the rest because of its advance control options and Long term seed(it's a brilliant feature!!). We can make BitComet more classy and into the future...maybe can try to mash its UI with Windows 8(Metro like look) or Apple...and have us choose the option of which we like....the current look is more suited to Windows 98/XP....I know not everyone is using windows but majority do, so i speak frm that sense. I hope this can be considered by the dev team. When u make the change, you will be heard in every software news in the world.... :)

• 9 months later...

I'd personally be against any major changes to the GUI, but would like to see options to change things like colors/buttons etc.. perhaps custom skins that were optional, but nothing that forced a new look or design on users, that would be a huge mistake.

I totally agree with you...

Simple interface = best performance (even for slow PCs)

But skin would be awesome :D

• 1 month later...