To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

komlodi

Hey everybody!

I'm new at this thing... Can someone tell me how do I share my downloaded files? I'm using BitComet 1.36. I've selected the "Default download directory" in Tools/Options/Directories, but It doesn't seem like others can access these files.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Are you trying to share files by publishing torrents, or uploading torrents that you've already downloaded?

The latter requires no effort on your part other than keeping the torrents seeding. Of course to do this efficiently you'll need an open listening port so you can receive incoming connection attempts.

I'm trying to share stuff that I've already downloaded.

See, when I'm done downloading something, I always click on "delete" than select "delete task only" so I can move or copy whatever it is to another folder. After it's done, others can't access those files. Or can they?

No, they can't... unless you direct them (through your BitComet) to where the downloaded file(s) is/are.

As soon as you hit Delete or move the content of what you've downloaded, you aren't able to share anything with anyone anymore, converting yourself into a "selfish leecher".

If all you want to do is move the downloaded file somewhere else, make sure that your client points to the correct (new) place so that your client knows where to obtain the "bits" and be able to share them.

If what you want to do is to use/view/whatever the downloaded material BUT want to keep sharing (seeding) to others, then simply make a copy of your downloaded file(s) and use THAT... but make sure to keep the original where it is--> that way, others can obtain their missing pieces, through your client.