To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

What does a "Ping" noise mean every 10 seconds

Every ten seconds I hear a ping noise coming from Bitcomet. :unsure:

Its a bit irritating and it makes me feel :angry: cause I am trying to watch a movie.

I checked the current download and its progressing so its nothing to do with the download.

Can anyone shed any light on it please, thanks.

I've warned you before about watching movies while you're on sonar duty....

BitComet doesn't normally make noises at any point, so first, make certain it is BC that's doing it. Such noises as it does generate are system error or alert sounds -- that is, the OS generates the noise when some kinds of errors occur. BitComet might be experiencing those errors. There will be some sort of indication of what's going wrong, possibly in the log tab, or in the system error log, or some sort of notification in the system tray. You'll need to find out what it is and deal with it.

• 13 years later...

As the issue you are facing is related to ping that is causing trouble to your internet, so you can try Latency Optimizer. You can find out much more about ping monitoring tools by visiting https://appuals.com/best-tools-for-ping-monitoring-and-management/ this tool. It will help you in dealing all the errors you are facing on your PC and sort out the trouble on unstable ping.