To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet Lite (?)

Vasy

BitComet Lite isn't anything like that. It's much more like the Bittorrent.org DNA thing, for distributing a particular application or promotional movie via torrent. It was never documented and not at all intuitive to use, so it never went anywhere. AFAIK, neither has DNA, though.

As for a smaller footprint, there's not much point -- this is µtorrent's major honest selling point, and I doubt the utility of competing on that basis, especially at this late date.

1706.gif.... .,

I don't know what lead me to think that :unsure: ...maybe it was the specifications from when I first saw it (it was on the front page at that time) or maybe I just read it in a hurry..

I understand it now, Sorry!

the product "bitcomet lite", is a program that packages a single torrent, and the client together in a single file, so a person with no knowledge of torrents, or installed torrent client can be sent, or directed to a bitcomet lite custom made application, and when executing it, would download the target files from bittorrent sources with no need to install software or locate torrents to download.

I like the basic idea, because it sure beats the alternative ways of sending files to computer illiterate users.

Regarding a lightweight torrent client, suitable for use on seedboxes and other servers. I have made this request numerous times. I do agree that uTorrent has this part of the market pretty much to itself, but it would be nice to see a very simple and basic BT only client from bitcomet, and I'll continue to push for it if they feel its a worth goal to expend resources on.