To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Please bring back the pre 1.15 View (bottom)

Seven_PRX

I'm talking about the bottom half of the screen, where you have options like Summary, Content, Tackers, Files, etc.

Pre 1.15 this was split into two, where the left side had the different options, and the right side had the info.

Starting 1.15 this was changed to be one window, with tabs above it. Works horrible.

Please bring back the old style.

Starting 1.15 this was changed to be one window, with tabs above it. Works horrible.

That is your subjective opinion. I've never heard anyone else complain about that, so far. And there are over 52.000 BitComet users registered only this forum.

But an objective fact is, that the actual tabbed system leaves more space for whatever info BitComet is displaying in the window below. The "left side" you speak about, took more of the window's space than the tabs do right now.

So, I don't think you'll be seeing anytime soon the old look of the Detailed Info Pane.

All in all, I believe it was a good UI design decision.

If you're very fond of the old look, I guess you'll have to stick with the older version.

Anyway, this is my personal response, I don't speak directly on behalf of the dev team on this matter. Rather, I believe I meet their approval on this.

So, if they check this section and see your post, maybe you'll get a reply from one of them directly.

It takes more space Horizontally in the bottom part, but, it LEAVES less space Vertically (for your torrent list). And the old had UI much more functionality. Another thing is:

The new version doesn't display the Tab Tracker when the torren't ísn't active. So, you can't see what there tracker is.

Also, the fact that nobody complained about it yet, doesn't mean people don't feel the same way. The number you mention has no relation whatsoever to this discussion. 52k forum users don't mean 52k BC users. It doesn't mean 52k 1.15+ Users. Next to that, too many people are too lazy to voice their opinion.

Edited by Seven_PRX (see edit history)

The new version doesn't display the Tab Tracker when the torren't ísn't active. So, you can't see what there tracker is.

You can fix that by right-clicking any of the tabs and checking "Always show tabs".

Next to that, too many people are too lazy to voice their opinion.

I don't know know about that. Usually we have people complaining even about less.

But anyway, it was the team's decision to change the UI this way. I guess it'll take more than a user's negative feedback to change it back.

In the meantime, if you really need more space in the Detailed Info Pane, you can always drag up and enlarge the pane just with the amount of space occupied by the tabs' girth, just to be sure you have it as big as before.

It will eat up at most 2 lines of your task-view window (if you have many tasks, you'll have to scroll anyway).

52k forum users don't mean 52k BC users.

Well, considering that this is a support forum for the BitComet client (now, as well as in the past), there would be no other reason to become a member of the forum, if they weren't a user.

• 2 weeks later...