To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

unable to connect to LT seeds

I have been using bitcomet since few years ago and has been impressed by the fast connection and good downloading speed. However until a few days ago, I wasn't able to connect to any LT seed even when I tried to dl from any new torrent. Sometimes (when lucky) after a few hours it might succesfully connect to the LT seeds but sometimes after reconnecting the internet connection, it failed to connect to any seeders again. It would take hours again to connect to LT seeds or totally unable to connect to it the whole day. So, I was wondering what is the factors that contributed to this problem and what are the solutions?

I am currently using BitComet 1.16 version (stable version),1 Mbps ADSL broadband.

The modem model is a Riger DB102 ADSL modem which has been port forwarded.

OS is Windows XP SP3, firewall - windows firewall and antivirus - Avira antivirus

LT seeds are gotten through a BitComet server.

So, whatever prevents you from connecting to that server (be it heavy load on the server which gets your connection query queued or the impossibility of accessing the server) will prevent you from getting LT seeds.

Besides, bear in mind that there have to still be peers which use BitComet on that torrent and have LT Seeding enabled, in order to get any LT seeds.

I understand that. However, it is too odd that a seeding which has tens of seeds and few hundreds peers does not have even 1 LT seeder. There is once I managed to get about 10-15 LT seeds, however after I reconnect, I can't find any LT seeds anymore. And this problem persisted for few days... This has been the same for few other torrent which I am downloading. So, I am not sure if ISP can banned on the connecting of LT seeds?

However, it is too odd that a seeding which has tens of seeds and few hundreds peers does not have even 1 LT seeder.

It's not odd if among the connected peers there aren't any BitComet peers (which must have enabled LT Seeding).

There is once I managed to get about 10-15 LT seeds, however after I reconnect, I can't find any LT seeds anymore.

As I said, if for some reason your client can't reconnect to that Comet LT Seeding server that is only logical. The server is located somewhere in China (as are all of Comet servers for all that we know) and there is no telling how performant that machine is or how heavy a load can it sustain. Bear in mind that this is an additional service to BitTorrent, provided free of cost so it is only fair to assume it doesn't have the financial resources to back up a powerful server cluster with redundant connections and bandwidth to support the huge number of BitComet clients out there.

It is only logical that if it receives more connection requests than it can process at one time it either queues them or even drops them.

Furthermore some of the Comet servers seem to be in the process of relocating now. So, as you can see, there might be a whole lot of reasons why this is happening.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

I just happened to see that my BitComet no longer able to detect the IP and the port forwarded. The green dot at the right bottom corner seems to "detect fail" just yesterday. Is it because of the issue of server relocating or other special reasons? I am kind of concern since it never happen before...

"It", being some part of the BitComet servers, is in the process of being moved, I understand. So give it some time and things should start reappearing. There's no assurance that it will all come back to life at once, though, so just because tocomet is back doesn't mean the LT seed server is back too.