To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

kaspersky 2010

ivan5713

is it kaspersky 2010 version will effect the bitcomet slow downloading.

(if i activate self defense system all the time)

will this antivirus program will block me from signing in to bitcomet passport.....

i m please to receive any comment or any response who have experince the effect before

thank you .........................

no nothing happens,,i too using kaspersky,,til now no problems for me man,,it wont effect in anyway like download speed or signing into cometpassport,,just go on with kaspersky and bitcomet,,

If you use their firewall, you will need to open your bitcomet listening port to allow incoming peer connections, but kaspersky "may" prompt you to allow bitcomet full access (incoming and outgoing), in which case its just a matter of clicking "yes" or "ok".

I've never used 2010 version, so I can't say this for sure, but its more then likely.

Well, if you search the forum's topics for the last 3 months, you'll see that there have been a number of reports about KIS 2010 + BC rendering some users' Internet connection useless. In fact it looks like it affects all BT clients, not just BC.

It seems that somehow the firewall or IDS component of KIS 2010, detected the BT activity as a DOS attack and shut down the connection.

But then again, this doesn't happen to everybody. So, the reasons are unclear... and none of those who reported this, have come back to say if and how have they solved this.

So, if you already have purchased a full license for KIS, then that's that. But if you haven't yet, then you should take into consideration the possibility that BT and KIS might just not get along very well.