To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Problems with tab saveing!

ok i am useing comet bird 3.5.6 and i was just working and i closed it and it asked to save or not tabs, I clicked yes and than I in some time i did it again and this time it asked to close all tabs or not... and it didnt save.... i cant find in options or anywhere to change it back, maybe i pressed something wrong on pushed buttons accidently. could you help me with it... it is very annoying. Thank you!

As I understand it, the opposite of "save" is "close". You chose to "not-save" the second time, so CB did as it was told. It closed the tabs instead of saving them. In your next session, the world will be new again, and you'll have to choose between saving and closing again.

ummm not exactly... i have two PC and it happened same on both. there were 3 choises first 1. save and quit 2. dont save and quit 3. cancel

now there are 2 choises only 1.close tabs 2. cancel

as i said when i am closeing browser it doesnt remember tabs and begans from homepage.

last time before it changed i dont remember what i pressed on. that's why i am asking you to help...

Edited by Assasinated (see edit history)

If you're running CometBird right now, close it (close all CometBird's windows). Now hold the Windows key while pressing the R key. A small window will pop up. Type cometbird -safe-mode and hit the Enter key (this is: cometbird[space][dash]safe[dash]mode). The CometBird's Safe Mode window will appear.

Posted Image

Now, you have to pay attention to this. Read carefully all the options you have in this window. I've been read all your threads in this post and, according to them, I'll suggest you to check the Reset all user preferences to CometBird defaults and Restore default search engines boxes. Then, press the Make Changes and Restart button. If you feel insecure about this, don't check any boxes (clear'em all) and just click on the Continue in Safe Mode button. This way, you'll use the CometBird's default profile (it's just like if you run it for the very first time. Don't fear, Ladybbird, all your bookmarks, history, cookies, saved passwords, add-ons and customizations are safe in other location. They've been not overwritten. ;) In Safe Mode you're using the CometBird's default configuration, that's all, all your own data is safe in another place). Use this safe mode for a couple of minutes, use it, feel free. If you think all's working alright, then close all the CometBird's windows again and repeat the key shortcuts to access the CometBird's Safe Mode (Windows key + R key, then enter cometbird -safe-mode and hit the Enter key).If you're running CometBird right now, close it (close all CometBird's windows). Now hold the Windows key while pressing the R key. A small window will pop up. Type cometbird -safe-mode and hit the Enter key (this is: cometbird[space][dash]safe[dash]mode). The CometBird's Safe Mode window will appear.

Now, you have to pay attention to this. Read carefully all the options you have in this window. I've been read all your threads in this post and, according to them, I'll suggest you to check the Reset all user preferences to CometBird defaults and Restore default search engines boxes. Then, press the Make Changes and Restart button. If you feel insecure about this, don't check any boxes (clear'em all) and just click on the Continue in Safe Mode button. This way, you'll use the CometBird's default profile (it's just like if you run it for the very first time. Don't fear, Ladybbird, all your bookmarks, history, cookies, saved passwords, add-ons and customizations are safe in other location. They've been not overwritten. ;) In Safe Mode you're using the CometBird's default configuration, that's all, all your own data is safe in another place). Use this safe mode for a couple of minutes, use it, feel free. If you think all's working alright, then close all the CometBird's windows again and repeat the key shortcuts to access the CometBird's Safe Mode (Windows key + R key, then enter cometbird -safe-mode and hit the Enter key).

I used advice here which I underlined... everything came normal. As seems I accidentally had checked don't ask me again before i pressed save and quit. BUT there is still something I want to know: how next time shell I turn back this option without resetting whole preferences?

Edited by Assasinated (see edit history)