To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can't install 1.17?

Seven_PRX

Right now I have 1.16 installed. Downloaded, and trying to install 1.17. Setup starts, I select the language (English), press OK, then setup just stops (no process left). Tried running as admin or normal user, no difference. Win7 x64. Anybody have the same problem, or solution?

Thnx

Installation as such doesn't do very much of note, so just overwriting as suggested won't create any problems for you.

You might want to look at your system and application logs to see if they're telling you about any problems found during the installation, in case there's something more severe going on. The installer certainly shouldn't just collapse like that

Well, it looks like it at a first glance.

But it can be summed up very simply: Users should run the installer under administrator account when UAC is disabled.

I've put that in this additional section of the Download and Install BitComet Wiki topic so that we can refer the users to it, since this issue seems to appear quite often lately.

And who wants the nitty-gritty details can check the other detailed topic (which I've given in my previous post) which is also linked from there.

• 5 weeks later...

BITCOMET 1.17

1. At the load of a few tasks in properties of task to enter the «Preferable load on high speed».

2. In place of rating to bring in all is «given on a task».

3. In properties of task to enter a return in a range ot 1 to 5

4. A floating window does not reflect the real load and return.

@ Sugak51: Posting the same unintelligible text all over the forum won't get you more answers. That's why I've deleted your other post. We simply can't make heads or tails of your text.

Furthermore, don't jump in somebody else's topics and make sure that you post in the right section of the forum.

Although, only you could tell which would that be, at present time.