To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

tagging

it would be nice to have radial buttons for my custom tags in task properties instead of default tags.i never sort my files based on those tags.the new tagging system can only be used as saved download paths in drop down list in task properties and can be viewed in the favorites under task tags

it would be nice to have radial buttons for my custom tags in task properties instead of default tags.i

Pray tell, where do you see the default tags in the properties dialog box?

The particularized download path is only a nice side-feature of the tagging system.

But you can much more easily apply tags, even to multiple tasks at once, by selecting the tasks and using the button in the Summary tab or by using the Tags menu in the right-click context menu of the tasks.

This way is much faster and easier than the properties page you propose.

when i said properties tab i meant that the window which comes up when we double click on any torrent file.and i'm terribly sorry i mentioned selection buttons which can be found below the pan were we can see the contents of the torrent, as tags :unsure: :unsure:

my idea was to put tag buttons(3/4)in task properties(window which comes up when we double click on any torrent) so that clicking on a(selecting/checking)a tag should simultaneously put desired tag to the task along with saving it to the preferred save location for that tag

for ex: i save my video files to the directory D:\Movies, and i tag them as Movies

and i save softwares in D:\installers and tag them as softwares

now if i click on the tag Movies,in task properties tab when it comes up(when i double click on the torrent),torrent should be tagged as Movies and saved in D:\Movies

and if it's a software it will be tagged as softwares(by me),and it will be saved in D:\installers

Guest EvgenyS

Hey, how about creating the "subtags"? For example: The tag is "Movie", the subtags are: "Comedy", "Thriller", "Action"... and so?

I really dislike getting into that and strongly discourage it. While we can pretty much agree on what a movie is, we start getting into trouble when we try to decide whether, e.g., "Cat Ballou" belongs under "Western" or "Comedy". To the extent that tags are used to guide sharing, disputed classifications will become a problem.

There are better and less troublesome things to do.