To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cannot Login To Bitcomet

xnd08

I can't login to Bitcomet since last Saturday night making it 3 days in a row already.

Could only get the error message "Unable to sign in CometPassport at this time.".

Nowhere in the forum was there any announcement on what's hapenning?

Are there other users facing the same problem?

You do not need to sign in. Please do not post duplicate messages about the same subject. Please search the forum before posting in order to make sure your question hasn't already been dealt with.

Your client is fully functional without ever even registering with BitComet Passport, much less signing in. This is not an issue for great concern when it occurs. It will not measurably affect your speed except in very narrow, very rare circumstances which are entirely hypothetical and un-proven.

When you are unable to sign in, this is not a matter for concern. Within a short time, you will be able to sign in again.

This issue is getting ten times the traffic it deserves. I am beginning to believe the whole idea should just be abandoned or closed off for non-Chinese IP's again, because people seem to just panic over an utterly trivial issue.

• Like 2

Nobody seems to care ... I haven't been able to reach BT Junkie, Demonoid or any other torrent site for at least 3 days. Can't log in to Bit Comet to show my rank or accumulated score either (connecting to server icon shows, but is unable to connect at all). I am running Win 7 64 bit (updated with all latest patches, etc) and BitComet 1.18 client. Bit Comet does not post any answers why anyone can't log in or download anything. Bit Comet staff, please help ....... and give us a reasonable answer we can all understand. Before this I had no problems

Signing into BitComet or not has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to reach Demonoid, BTJunkie, any other tracker or forum.

If you're trying to reach them through the favorites menu, THAT won't work because the server is down (the same one you can't sign into), but you could always reach them directly with your regular web browser. Do that instead.

Many of us always do it, and run BitComet with the VIEW->FAVORITES menu entirely disabled. We keep our own list of favorite bookmarks for bittorrent trackers and forums, a list that doesn't change when BC updates its list.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 months later...

been facing this issue a few time in this year 2017, its won't ignore or disturbing the downloading just maybe is a human been problem, do not like showing cannot login wording while they do not having any problem with their membership.

Just like a person who are a registered member walking in a member club that showing is not a registered member even is already inside the club.

just my 2 cent.

By the way I cant login too now, that's why Im here to searching for the issue, worry am done something wrong with my ID but my downloading still on.

LOL

The main thing is that everyone can still upload and download. Sure there are no 'point's but what exactly can you do with those? They don't buy beer or anything else - they're just a fun thing and, for people to get worked up over their 'loss' strikes me as a bit crazy really.

The ONLY thing that isn't working is the 'scoring' system and that's hardly the end of the world.