To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Server down

Rhubarb

Ity looks like the hamsters have gone on strike again. No doubt we'll get the usual sobs, wailing and gnashing of teeth because scores aren't being upgraded. As before, bitcomet points don't pay for the beer (or give you super abilities in any of the online games) so it's not a big deal really. You can still upload and download (which is what the app is for really).

It will be back when it's back.

• Like 2

Thank you, we get so many posts every time the website is down and no every time we have to post the same replies. I also tend to get my inbox filled with messages even though support isn't offered in private messages.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stand by for another load - it looks like it went down round 0600 GMT again I'll get sovereign yet - it's rigged bigly by corrupt media, opinion polls, emmys and that wall :blink: :rolleyes: ^_^ :o

• 2 weeks later...

And once more on to the breach:

Internal Server Error

SoapClient::SoapClient(http://member.bitcomet.com/webservice/wsdl): failed to open stream: Connection refused

An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.

Thank you.

Port detection failure is normally down to your computer setup and not the server. It could also be your ISP blocking that port

Check that:

(a) your firewall isn't blocking it and

(b ) that you have port forwarding setup correctly on your router. That usually means allocating a fixed ip on the computer with the router defined as a gateway (manual settings in network properties). The router has to be set to allow the appropriate port through to the computer with the specified IP address. Pick a random port somewhere in the 14,000 series which isn't normally used

Edited by Rhubarbfian (see edit history)

Been using Bitcomet for years even before i made an ID on it

Bitcomet is not blocked by my Firewall

Port Forwarding is done properly

Every other torrent client is working just fine

Still there is a Port Detection Failed message on Bitcomet

I guess its a problem from Bitcomet's side

If the light is yellow, that means you contacted our server but were blocked from receiving an unrelated connection back from the server to test your port and that means you are blocked, if the light is grey, it means it could not connect our server to request the test so it could have nothing to do with you, nor any problem, just a down or busy server. Coding was added to bitcomet so that when an active torrent receives a remote connection, the light will change to green in case there was something preventing the active test. Try running a popular torrent and see if it turns green, and you can also manually retest the port using the context menu with a "right click".

I just confirmed it's working perfectly for me, active port detection changed light from grey to green in a few seconds and comet ID login also completed quickly. If your router's uPnP is slow, sometimes that causes the test to time out or fail, you can try to "right click" and select "test again", or once bitcomet detects remote connections on an active torrent the secondary passive test should turn the light to green.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks that way - I think they need fresh hamsters. I also noticed that the 'personal score' on the main website is conspicuous by its absence ;)

On a slightly different topic - for a while some reason I wasn't connect to the forum via the client and have to manually open it in the browser. (the client kept giving a '404' error). I'm assuming somebody has been working on the servers

.Actually it's not the usual unresponsive servber message but an inability to sign in. It keeps changing to 'sign in now' where p[revious failures said that it couldn't connect and would retry. The 'retry' message is missing this time.

Edited by Rhubarbfian
replacement for double post (see edit history)