To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

to auto select peers ?

Hi Everyone ,,

I wanna to ask how about choosing my peers automatically by mine choose

as preventing some whome don't complete the downloud .. & allowing the 100% ones

THANKS .

post-57636-1275860212062.jpg

Edited by AMDsn (see edit history)

It's not possible for you to effectively manage your connections. You don't have adequate information to make the judgments you're making anyway (and can't get it), and you can't react nearly fast enough.

If you insist on trying to manage your connections anyway, you become a bottleneck and the swarm routes around you -- you become a peer other clients automatically avoid. For that reason there's no software that will let you choose peers automatically. There is, at user insistence, the possibility of banning a particular user. This has never proven to help you or hinder them, and since it takes you at least five hundred thousand microseconds to make even the simplest decision, and another three hundred thousand to execute it, at which time you're reacting to something that was, practically speaking, the situation last year, you become this slow, blundering whale, getting in the way, this huge traffic jam that is best avoided altogether.

Or were you asking how you could connect to only the seeds (the ones that have 100% of the download completed) and not the peers (the ones that have less than 100% of the download)?