To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

G/Day

Just introducing My self :P , I am a Newbie and whilst I have been self teaching myself on this Computer (13 years ) I still have a lot to learn. :rolleyes: I can find my way' but it takes me a while to figure some stuff out. No doubt you will read more about me and I about you as time go's on. I am a retired 'Truck Driver' I have 3 Adult Kid's and 2 Teenage Grandaughters, My Hobbies are this Computer, My Music Files, Fishing, and BBQ'ing with my Family and Extended Family. I live in Hervey Bay in Qld Australia. I am trying to keep up with Tecnology as I think it is terrific and this computer is the best way I know how, Cheer's Dasha :) :D

Hmmm... your computer is 13years old? I think I'd go insane trying to use it if it was mine lol. For the most part, computers become obsolete in 5-7 years, and some people replace/upgrade every year or two. The oldest computer I use is an IBM thinkpad I purchased in 2002, but I upgrade the harddrive from 20gb to 160gb, the ram from 256mb to 1,536mb, and the CPU from 1.6ghz to 2.0ghz. In hindsight I probably should have sold it and bought a new one instead of upgrading, because it's horribly slow compared to my newer computer, but I have a ton of accessories that will only work with it, so I guess I'm stuck with it lol

So welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy it here :)

Hi, Dasha, and welcome.gif

Don't worry about your computer being 13... my desktop is 10 and, like TUUS says, it's very sloooowwww, as well. As long as it works for my own needs, though, I'm content. :)