To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

problem with LT SEED

You get LT seeders when you have bandwidth going to spare. LT seeders are much slower than normal seeders, the whole idea being to use the odds and sods of leftover bandwidth for something rather than just letting it go unused. The optimum number is none, with a full complement of normal seeders filling up your bandwidth.

my bandwidth is 2 Mbps and download speed reaches 230 Kbps, though there 100 peers, there are very few normal seeders so my speed does not even reach 100 Kbps, but when LT seeders are connected speed reaches 200-220Kbps easily.

so without LT seeders my download wont finish....

what can i do?

I'd need to know more about your setup and parameters, but there's nothing you can do to attract more LT seeders. You can more profitably focus on normal connections. One of the more common errors is to run too many tasks at one time. Make sure you're not doing that, because it really hurts your speed.

You said, "there are very few normal seeders". The vast majority of your download is not given to you by seeders, it is traded for, from other peers. You must assure that you are an attractive trade partner to those other peers. If you are not, then you will have to pick among the slower and less-reliable "leftovers" in the swarm and your speed will drop. That will give you leftover bandwidth which is sometimes, but always less efficiently, used by LT Seed connections.

My broadband plan has unlimited download only at night 02:00hrs-08:00hrs so i use scheduler as you can see in the screenshot i have given unlimited (both upload and download) during 02:00hrs-08:00hrs....

Now that i have set both upload and download to unlimited what else can i do to attract normal peer?how can i assure them i am a useful trade....

post-58260-12819167449008.jpg

You need to limit your max upload to 80% of your tested upload capability to save some band for protocol overhead traffic.

Otherwise your client will choke on its own speed.

The next equally important thing you should do is to make sure you have an OPEN listen port. Check this guide: I have a yellow status light, and my download speeds are slow. What should I do?

You should set a limit on your upload speed. Every packet you receive must be acknowledged, and you must also upload. During this process, BitCOmet can start to interfere with itself, as acknowledgments waiting in queue time out. You should measure your upstream speed at the times you will be using it, probably at speedtest.net.

If you are not going to be otherwise using your network connection, then set your speed limit equal to your actual measured maximum speed. If you plan to use the network for other things, set it to 80% of that maximum.

You should strive to assure that each of your tasks is receiving at least 8 KB/s of upload speed, and preferably more. If your speed drops below that, you may be running too many tasks at once. Most connections can only support one seeding task and one or two downloading tasks at once.

If your upload speed drops on a task, you become a less desirable connection, so your download speed will probably drop too.

I am unable to open listen port....i did everything right till step 3 in "Configure/verify UPnP status at Windows UPnP panel".In network connection i only see LAN or High-speed internet icon(screenshot) and not that given in step 3(other screenshot).so please suggest wat to do next...

post-58260-12819719275496.jpg

post-58260-12819719386604.jpg

• 1 year later...

most ISP limit upload to 34kb/sec

limit your comet like this

upload limit - 15kb/sec

download - unlimited

if your still having problems like when comet is downloading but you can't use the internet. this means you need to lower your upload limit .

this should be the most basic ever,

upload limit - 10kb/sec

download limit - 150kb/sec ---- > deppends if your ISP provides a faster speed you need to split this comet vs your normal browsering such as visiting youtube, reading news cnn etc this is no more then 150kb/sec

thats about it,

on a side note when i allow full upload speed of 34kb/sec i can't even browse the internet, when i limit it to 15kb/sec i can do everything :)

hope that helps

most ISP limit upload to 34kb/sec

This is not true. You have a contract with your ISP to provide specific upload bandwidth, and they do not, may not, arbitrarily limit it. You get the bandwidth that you pay for. HIS provider may limit him to 34 kb/s, but that certainly doesn't mean yours does. Browse over to speedtest.net to check your actual bandwidth in both directions before you set any limits. Make sure you do the test properly. Shut down other apps that use bandwidth. Choose a test server that's near you. Test at different times of the day and week to get a good average.

Then set your limits based on your actual, measured speed. A good global upload limit is 80% of your upstream speed. This will assure that you can adequately browse the web or check email, and that your client won't trip over its own feet.