To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Lost files

Boomer888

I downloaded the upgrade to BitComet and lost every GD file that I had downloaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anybody know of I can recover these???????????? I HAD OVER 30 FILES WHICH HAVE NOW BEEN LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(AM i ANGRY?? I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A DEVELOPER BY THE THROAT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Depending on the hemisphere where you live, you might want to get out in the snow and cool down a bit.

Be reassured that all the hard earned cash that you payed for the application and customer service will be promptly refunded to you.

After you get to a more normal temperature, you might want to explain to us what do you mean by "loosing your files".

'Cause from your post the only thing that you seem to have lost so far is your marbles.

Sarcasm noted and ignored. The update was downloaded, as I had it set to automatically update. After the update, I got a message that the BitComet downloads were lost. To add insult to injury, it kept flashing every time I used my computer, and now will not download any torrents, I have switched to Utorrent which fortunately works well.

Save yor smart a** comments for someone who has an IQ of 83 like you!!

Boomer, the smartassed comments were made by you, saying you wanted to get the "developer by the throat". Additionally, the files you downloaded are not lost, mearly the new installation of bitcomet wasn't able to load the tasks from the existing version. This is usually caused by a problem on your computer, such as file permissions set incorrectly, but diagnosing and fixing this information requires information that you did not provide.

There is a reason the "READ THIS before posting" topic is linked throughout the forum, but since your quick to anger, slow to learn, you didn't read it, nor provide any of the info, and since none of our volunteers are willing to reply with dozens of different possible fixes depending on what windows version, bitcomet versions etc... we'll just reply telling you to read the rules.

Since you seem to have difficulty following instructions, you can find a link to the post I mentioned in my signature.