To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Testing 20101230

kluelos

The new installation is still not respecting my previous choices of what buttons are/aren't visible on the main toolbar. Buttons I'd deselected reappeared/buttons I'd selected disappeared.

The new installation is still not respecting my previous choices of what colums are/aren't visible in the main task window. Columns I'd deselected reappeared/columns I'd selected disappeared.

The new installation is still not respecting my previous choices of what tabs are and aren't visible in the second window.

• Start Page reappeared when I had previously unselected it
  • Comments reappeared when I had previously unselected it.

The "Connections" option still does not work -- that tab does not appear whether it is selected or unselected

The new bar -- not sure what it's name is, the one with the icons indicating task status -- should be deselectable like the others, in the view menu. "Search Task" should probably be "Search Tasks" or "Search Task List" for clarity and to distinguish it from torrent search.

Ongoing -- My changes to column widths still aren't being preserved.

Some changes were made in this Beta, thus changes made in interface cannot be kept in any version since this one. However, later versions will be able to keep these changes.

i.e. This 20101230 Beta ignores my settings in v1.25, so I changed the interface as what I like. Then I upgrade from 20101230 Beta to 20110106 Beta, I found these changes are still there. However, if I upgrade v1.25 to 20110106 Beta, the display of icons and columns will still be set to default, they will only be kept if I upgrade from 20101230 Beta to a later version.

I noticed this at some point previously but didn't make a note of it, so I don't know exactly how far back this goes.

20110106 tells me that my listen port is, no question about it, blocked. Upon mouseover, it tells me "Your listen port is blocked". Upon retrial, it tells me that my port is still blocked. Unfortunately, it's also wrong about that. My port's quite open, thanks, as these remote peers attest, canyouseeme.org affirms, etc.

The reason that the light is yellow, not red, is that it can be, and apparently is, often wrong. We all know how it works and why it can be wrong. The language should reflect the same awareness of its own limitations -- my listen port MIGHT BE blocked, but BitComet is dead wrong when it asserts this as a fact.

The warning at mouseover and the wording following the yellow light need to be changed to state that it MAY be blocked, not that it IS blocked.