To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

i don't get it

i have the same problem , it shows that there is no progress and i can't connect to any one but if leave it like that for a while then u stop the download and do a hash check u will see that a progress has been made ??????

i tried to reinstall the program and i couldn't replace bitcomet.exe although i exited the program

i think that there is a virus using the bitcomet.exe and that is why i can't replace it.

There's no virus, you may be trying to exit via the X button of the window, as that by default only minimizes it to the notification area, but I can't tell you that for sure. Check and see if the process still exists in the Task Manager. If it's not there, google for an app called "unlocker" and use that to delete the .exe

You have the "same problem" as who?

Even if you use the "Exit" command, if there are multiple tasks running it may take a little time before BitComet writes the .xml files for all the currently active downloads and performs all the other operations needed in order to close gracefully.

The more tasks you have, the more it will take usually. Once you've seen the green icon in the systray area disappear and/or you've seen the process disappear from Task Manager then you can hit "Retry" and you'll be able to reinstall.

For the first part of your issue I suggest that you post some screenshots where you outline your problem since you're not being very clear.

i have the same problem

What does that mean?

it shows that there is no progress and i can't connect to any one

What are you trying to download? we can't read minds so your going to have to tell us

but if leave it like that for a while then u stop the download and do a hash check u will see that a progress has been made ??????

This too makes no sense. Why would you do a hash check if nothing was downloaded?

i tried to reinstall the program and i couldn't replace bitcomet.exe

Why would "you" try to replace bitcomet.exe?

although i exited the program

What does exiting the program have to do with this?

i think that there is a virus using the bitcomet.exe and that is why i can't replace it.

There is no need for you to "replace" bitcomet.exe, and if you tried to do this (can't imagine why you would), windows user account controls would probably stop you, depending on what windows version you're using... Which you failed to tell us... which brings up my next point.

We have a topic called...

READ THIS before posting

The 30 seconds that it would take you to read it could have actually gotten you help, and stopped you from wasting your time (and ours).