To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

mpc 4.9 no sound ? help please

kc8993

hello there,i hope there have someone may help me.

yesterday i just download mpcstar,and when i play my video ,it do sound for me

and today when i wake up , its dint make any sound in any video format,and my speaker is working

volume setting is 100% and i make sure i dint mute it ,can anyone help me solve this ? please

sorry for broken english

Edited by kc8993 (see edit history)

Since you report that it worked fine yesterday, then something must have changed since then. The first step I'd take is to restart your computer and play a video that you have played successfully with MpcStar and see if it works.

We need to be extremely clear on something here.

If the video NEVER played properly on mpcstar, then it is likely just a matter of installing the proper codec. However if it suddenly stopped playing, but the same video did play correctly before, then there is something wrong on your computer.

The video playback is normal~nothing wrong with it , just confusing on sound ?

its wont auto stop my video ,just...no more sound ?

i try another player all normal,and i checked my volume control its full

and my speaker is working

when I just install,the mpcstar work normal,mine all video have sound on it

The next day i switch on my pc,mpcstar dint work any sound on any video

Sorry for broken english =(

I need some help ~

Edited by kc8993 (see edit history)

Try uninstalling and reinstall mpcstar.

I can think of no logical reason for the condition you report, unless there is a setting on your computer that has disabled the sound, and since your English isn't very good, it would be very difficult to try to understand or diagnose what could be causing this, but if you reinstall the program, it should reset to default settings and hopefully work properly for you.

MPCStar's core is TigerPlayer, so the configuration is kept in xml files in %appdata%\tigerplayer

If you simply delete that directory, or just delete all of the xml files contained in it, that should wipe out all preferences and revert it to factory.

• 1 month later...

Hello, im having the same problem.

I Used to had MPC 4.9 working very good until one day it gone silent.

NO SOUND.

Videos are playing good, but without sound. doesnt matter in which format, DivX, MOV, FLV, AVI.

the sound is working on any other application (VLC,Winamp, WMP, etc...)

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4.9 and also 5.0 , didnt change a thing. still no sound :(

i deleted all XML settings file like suggest here and still no sound.

obviously the uninstall application does not clean all the settings because something there is still

messed up causing this problem.

please help,

Thanks,

Nitzan.

My OS is: Windows Vista (updated)

This is almost certainly a system problem, I'm afraid. You'll have to look at the sound components of your OS. Basically, you need to figure out what changed on that one day when it stopped working.

How can u say its a system problem?

as i said before, any other software can play sound( VLC,Winamp, WMP, BSPlayer) if this was a system problem none of these

programs would be able to play.

The problem i am describing is repeated by others also, in this thread and others around the forums here.

Nitzan.

Well, it's fairly simple. You look at what are called "failure modes", which is to say, "how can this system fail?, and how can it not fail?" For example, an automobile's brakes can fail for many reasons, but getting motor oil from the engine into the brake lines isn't one of them. That just isn't ever going to happen except under truly bizarre circumstances. So you cross that off your list of likely causes of brake failure.

Now since MPCStar/TigerPlayer depends on external filters to decode sound, it's not likely that they would all fail at once and forever. Rather it's much more likely that MPCStar finds itself isolated from the correct sound output device.

It's playing, but to the wrong thing, or to nothing, or it has been muted as an input source. That is something that could happen suddenly and could affect all sound output.

These are all system issues.

Now if you'll do some exploring under File Info, you'll notice that MPCStar constructs a "chain" of virtual devices for each file it tries to play. What the chain consists of depends on the file. This is where you can begin to explore what isn't working, or what's inappropriate. It's also where you'll see error messages or indications. It is also probably where you should have looked first, since the next thing anyone trying to help is going to ask is, "what does File Info say?"

I think what Kluelos is saying is that you reinstalled the entire program with all new configuration files, and you know the program works with your hardware, so the program definitely can work, and your hardware can work with it. You eliminated the possibility of a damaged program or setting, so the only likely cause is something on your system is conflicting with the player.

Something on your system has changed that seems to only effect this program. I'd bet if you reformatted your harddrive, installed windows, then mpcstar, it would work.

Also, Kluelos is stating his "Opinion", you're welcome to ignore it if you don't like it, but keep in mind that he is offering his assistance too you freely, and it is not only possible, but perhaps even likely.

Well, i look in the "FILE INFO" and i dont know what exactly im looking for.

There are no "errors" as far as i can tell.

Actually in the AC3Filter -> Mixer i can see the Right&Left bars going up and down like there is a sound playing.

Can you please guide me what to look for? given the facts i just told you...

That's a good indication. You have a signal coming out of the filter and going into the mixer. Now you need to follow the signal forward, seeing what's coming out of the mixer and where it's supposed to be going from there.

The reverse chain, starting at the bottom, should end up in a virtual (or actual) sound device that's in your system. On mine, for example, with nothing but the mainboard sound installed, it ends up in the default DirectSound device. It's up to DirectSound after that, and DirectSound has its own test routines built in as a part of dxdiag.

That part is probably working fine, if you can hear everything else, so likely the signal is never getting to DirectSound, or is getting muted along the way. Where you check or correct that depends on your OS.

Now you may be able to fix whatever it was that happened, by completely uninstalling MPCStar, rebooting, then reinstalling from scratch, which is at least more straightforward than trying to trace the audio signal, so if you dislike poking into the odd corners of your system, you may want to try that first.

Hi,

I Uninstalled MPC, restarted and installed it again.(version 5).

it didn't help :(

i did look for any muted devices in my system and they all looked OK.

Any other clues you can provide?

maybe a log of some kind that can help you help me?

I Attached a screen capture,maybe it will help.

(btw, DirectX 11 is installed)

Thanks.

post-62811-13025530361886.jpg

All that I can suggest is that you explore the sound devices from your OS (you still haven't mentioned what that was, BTW), to see if they are inappropriately configured.

You may wish to install a completely different player, just to see if it encounters similar issues. You might also want to review your system logs to see what you might have installed around the time that it all stopped working. You are still looking for what changed at that time, so don't loose sight of the objective.