To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

I feel cheated

qwertyqqq

I'm not exactly sure what problem your having. Are you saying that you were unable to enable vip on the torrent because the total size of the entire torrent was larger then your vip package? If so, how do you claim that it had no result if you were unable to enable it?

Also, I assume it was a lack of understanding on your part, but it's not possible to download part of a 50gb file, nor have I ever seen a file that large. I'm guessing you mean the sum of all the "files" was 50gb and you wanted to download one or more of these files.

Please provide accurate information so we can begin to help you. Also, would you send a private message to Lucy26 with your Comet ID name so she can look into your account.

Please also read the "READ THIS before posting" topic and provide the basic information thats required and preparing a screenshot of the error message you got would be helpful if your unable to describe the problem in technical terms. We have a guide for making and posting screenshots in the forum if needed.

is this right so if i start say a 4 gig file and download 3 gigs of it and it loses its seeds i cant enable vip to finish the download that is the whole reason why i bought it in the first place if this is the fact i would definatly just like a refund plz

is this right so if i start say a 4 gig file and download 3 gigs of it and it loses its seeds i cant enable vip to finish the download that is the whole reason why i bought it in the first place if this is the fact i would definatly just like a refund plz

Vip is designed to accelerate the download. I cannot download something that isn't available. If the are no seeders on a torrent, then it won't complete unless a seeder returns. It is possible for it to complete via LTseed connections from another bitcomet peer, but only if one is present. In other words, buying a bigger truck to bring your groceries home won't help you if the shelves at the grocery store are bare.

I recommend you keep the task running, in many cases a seeder will start up their computer and begin seeding again. You can also go to the website where the torrent was posted and request a reseed.

Also, please don't post requests in another members topic. I replied to you this time, but please post your own topic if you have further questions, we don't want to be disrespectful to the member who posted this topic.

I think that what the first one complains about is that the amount of traffic subtracted from the download quota included in the purchased plan is equal to the size of the whole torrent irrespective whether you only selected a part of the torrent's files, for download.

Perhaps this can be further developed to allow a user to use up the remaining vip even if the task exceeds the amount.

Example. I purchase 100gb package and use 90gb and have 10gb remaining. I then start a 20gb torrent and successfully enable vip, which then accellorates my download for 50% of the torrent, in which case I then have the option to continue without vip, or purchase more.

Lucy, can you pass this suggestion on to development?

Also, to the member posting. Please bare with us as this product is being developed. We will do whatever we can to help make sure your happy with the service, but changes can't be made overnight.

TuuS

I said this after trying VIP when it first started and now I say it again "it's a waste of money"I have been using VIP since it started and have a slow dl speed "i'm on sat".

I have used the intro and paid twice and just had the free 100gb stopped due to time out.

As I said my speed is slow and I only got through 20% before time out and was running 24/7.

Over all there has been little difference between using VIP and not.

Save your money.

I said this after trying VIP when it first started and now I say it again "it's a waste of money"I have been using VIP since it started and have a slow dl speed "i'm on sat".

I have used the intro and paid twice and just had the free 100gb stopped due to time out.

As I said my speed is slow and I only got through 20% before time out and was running 24/7.

Over all there has been little difference between using VIP and not.

Save your money.

Hi,

If your problem is a slow connection from your isp, then no matter how fast our servers send you the data, your going to be limited by your ability to receive it. Most broadband connections have a very limited upload speed, and in this case the service can help because it will upload to the swarm at speeds upto 1,000,000kb/s therefore getting data from the best peers on your behalf.

If you can run some speed tests on your sat connection (try speedtest.net), we can advise you better if you should expect to see good results from the vip.

In any case, The development team is working hard to make all users happy with the service, but obviously it's not best suited for every user.

• 3 weeks later...

well iv been having another problem that other people seem to be having as well but just get fed mumbo jumbo rubish,my speed on new torrents is pritty dam good but on old torrents that not many people are uploading anymore its crap.well wen i seen this vip i thought all my wishies had come at once!!!!!well its not speeded anything up at all infact thay were deleated as thay woud of took years to finish well anyway thats all my bandwith used and i didnt see any benifit at all i just hope i get this banwith thingy back and how long it takes to get it back. anyway it migh just be me but if you have had the same problem please reply to this and let me know im not alone thanks people

Sounds like you consider any explanation of what it is and how it works, "mumbo-jumbo". Your dissatisfaction isn't too surprising under the circumstances. VIP acceleration will benefit certain people with certain sorts of issues, under certain circumstances. It is not magic and will not magically speed up your connection, but that's what you seem to be expecting -- that it will automatically make all of your downloads much faster and give you a pony besides.

If you are already downloading as fast as your connection allows, then VIP won't help you. Perhaps if you stopped dismissing any explanations and started trying to understand them, you would find situations where it would help. That would, of course, involve learning, which is something you are apparently not very good at. You certainly didn't do very well with basic written English - punctuation, spelling, grammar, diction, all that.

With your present attitude, though, it seems very unlikely that you will stop whinging long enough to figure out whether VIP might help you in some situations.

• 3 months later...