To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

problems in cb 4

1- the address bar is too small i can not resize it like previous versions ???

2- lot of flv videos can't be downloaded because the download link is not sensed by the cometbird ???

3- the green bar which can show me the loading of the page disappeared from cb 4 ???

4- ican not find the temporarily folder of the every thing loaded from the net while i am browsing like the folder internet temporarily files in the windows internet explorer ???

Unfortunately Cometbird is developed from Firefox. Our developers hesitated releasing 4.0 because so many were unhappy with firefox 4.0, but after many repeated requests, it was finally developed.

We did however request that previous version be made available, and they now are, so I suggest you revert to prior version if you don't like 4.0

I used to be able to use the address bar in CometBird just like a search bar. In 4.0 I haven't been able to do this anymore. Is there anything I can do in 4.0 to fix this or is this a permanent change to the new version?

I'm experiencing problems with 4.0 crashing as soon as I start up. Recently upgraded to 4.0 but I'm reverting back to 3.6.16 due to the 4.0 issues. Seems 3.6 is still working now that I've reverted back. Just thought I'd inform the community.

Edited by Ichikisu (see edit history)

For any Cometbird 4 issue, you should also check to see if it is a Firefox 4 issue also. If it is, then it was (probably) one of the (undesirable) changes made in version 4 and must either be lived with, or you can revert to version 3 as many people have done.

It is a Cometbird issue only if the matter is different under Cometbird 4 than Firefox 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, we can revert back to the old version.. but it keeps auto-updating to the new release. I don't understand who in their right mind would even want CB4.. it's terrible.. bookmarks missing from the drop-down.. no progress bar, issues with facebook games, and a whole mass of other little things that vanished when I reverted back to the previous version..

However, it would be nice if it would stop automatically updating to the very version I'm trying to keep off my computer.. lol. Is there some way to shut that off to keep it from happening. Yes, I'm a bit annoyed.. but you would be too if you've reverted back to the previous version 5 times already.. >__<