To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

yellow light

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION for 'yellow light' issue

1) What version of BitComet are you using? 1.27

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)? wireless/hotspot (pretty solid connection)

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port? don't know what 'forwarded your port' means

4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.

Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected. NA

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? Win 7, windows firewall & Lavasoft Ad-watch

6) If you are asking about a specific torrent or file that you have downloaded, make sure that you include the complete torrent name, as well as the complete names of the files and their respective extensions/formats (e.g.: .rar, .wma, .bin, .cue, etc.). ALL

7) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance. download speed on Bitcomet download currently 238mb, what else should I send?

No. I get connected fine. There is a yellow 'blocked' notification at the bottom right of my download screen. It says that 'my speed may not be very fast because my listening port is blocked and to check the configuration of firewall and NAT'. I do't know how to unblock the port and configure firewall/NAT, as the message suggests.

thanks

GreyWizard and I are asking you the same question (in different ways). Who owns the wifi that your connecting to? If it's not yours, then you don't have control over it, if you do own it, then you need to tell us the make and model of the device.

Dark Horse, please don't jump into the middle of someone else's topic like this. Nobody's sure who's being replied to when you do, and it's also extremely rude. Start your own topic. Remember to include the basic information mentioned in the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same problem.. but actually its not a Nat or firewall problem... u just need to randomize ur port setting..!

for this u hv to follow these simple steps..

1. open ur bitcomet and sign in (if u hv a CometID)..

2. Click on option button on upper toolbar. u will get a window, namely "Options"

3. click on connection.

4. click on "Choose random port", under Listen Port and check the check-box "Randomize port each start"

5. Finally click on "Apply" button and press ok.. and you are done..

after this that yellow icon will become gray, showing "detecting". as it detect ur new port setting ur yellow light will turn to green.. and you'll get the maximum downloading speed..! :)

I got the same problem.. but actually its not a Nat or firewall problem... u just need to randomize ur port setting..!

for this u hv to follow these simple steps..

1. open ur bitcomet and sign in (if u hv a CometID)..

2. Click on option button on upper toolbar. u will get a window, namely "Options"

3. click on connection.

4. click on "Choose random port", under Listen Port and check the check-box "Randomize port each start"

5. Finally click on "Apply" button and press ok.. and you are done..

after this that yellow icon will become gray, showing "detecting". as it detect ur new port setting ur yellow light will turn to green.. and you'll get the maximum downloading speed..! :)

This is actually very bad advice for 99.9% of users. The reason it works for you is probably because your port wasn't blocked to begin with.