To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BackUp / Restor settings and storing Torrents in the selected folder

Dear developers!

Thanks for such usefull program. I very glad now becouse I long time search Download Manager as "All-inOne" for Magnet, Torrent, FTP and HTTP downloading (I not try FlashGet program yet :rolleyes: ).

Some time I haven't any business and make some experiments with a software. Regarding this some time is need reinstall the System (Windows) fully.

My request is very simple:

1. Need to have possibilities for BackUP and Restor the Program settings

2. Need to have a possibilities for redirecting a Torrent files storage to the any directory (fexpl D:\Download\Torrents). It means that better to save a Torrent files in the special selected folder.

3. During save the Torrents in folder - better named them like a name of dowloaded file (folder). It is need for sending Torrents to my friends by E-mail.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by romanov1966 (see edit history)

So! Sorry!

I find it in the BitComet.

In a Russian translation this named like a "Export Torrent list".

Unfortunetly Russian translation have a very many wrong titles.

It's absolutelly need to correct!!!

Regarding FlasGet - this sof work only in China language... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But regarding other requests:

2. Need to have a possibilities for redirecting a Torrent files storage to the any directory (fexpl D:\Download\Torrents). It means that better to save a Torrent files in the special selected folder.

3. During save the Torrents in folder - better named them like a name of dowloaded file (folder). It is need for sending Torrents to my friends by E-mail.

It is still needed.

Edited by romanov1966 (see edit history)

There isn't a default for this. You have to create one by always saving .torrent files into it, then opening those files in your client later.

BitComet does not store torrents. It keeps a working copy of the tasks it is currently running, but these get deleted when the task is finished. Torrent storage has to happen externally.

You can't possibly expect us to take every word in your posts exactly for what it means.

We would normally do that with a person who speaks English well enough AND we've established it's knowledgeable enough not to confuse terms. However we don't know you yet and seeing the linguistic quality of your first posts we automatically assumed that we'll have to try and deduce what you're trying to say so this should come as no surprise to you.

If you want to access the .torrent files they can be found in the \BitComet\torrent folder and they ARE named the same way as in the Task List.

If you want to store them for long term it's recommended that you choose "Save" when clicking on a torrent link, instead of "Open with BitComet", then save them into a folder of your own choosing.

However, if the only reason why you want to do that is being able to send the torrents by email you can do that easier by selecting all the tasks in the Task List and then right-clicking and choosing "Copy Magnet URI" then go and paste the magnet links into your email. This will make your email way smaller and with no attachments.

Alternatively, if you really are keen on using the .torrent files you can select the same tasks in the Task List, right-click and select "Save torrent as..." then choose a folder for saving the .torrent files.

Actually, we were concerned with both of those things:

1. You didn't know English well enough to make yourself understood;

2. You didn't understand how the product works well enough to realize that your idea is not feasible.

I'm sorry that you became upset with us because of your own ignorance.

• 1 month later...

We would be interested in improving our Russian translation of bitcomet, but we would need someone who speaks fluent English (or Chinese)

I couldn't say that I knowlege of "fluent English" is well, but technical is not bad I hope. (about 13 years in IT ))

May be I can provide some help.

For myself, I prefer English interface for most programms which was not basically created on Russian. But I just set my eyes on Russian interface of the client and that was really terrible :(

Linguistic structure and grammatics is very different for Russian and most West European Languages

For example you use "активный" (activnyi) for "active".

But in Russian, every thing have gender - not just "It" (e.g. "torrent" and "tracker" and "client" is He. But "download" is She)

Also, participles ("which?") all have gender inflexions and furthermore - it have plural/singular forms too!

So, for "active":

He is = "активный" (activnyi)

She is = "активная" (activnaya)

It is = "активное" (activnoye)

They are = "активные" (activny-ye)

Which means that the tab/button "активный" for "Avctive" sounds some like "The active one" =)

It have to be "Активные" - it sounds like "active" (torrents)

And so on - "Torrent Exchange" is useable in English, but in Russian version it's like "The torrent(only one) exchange"; "This operation will export the tasklist and global program settings to a backup file" sounds like "This operation will (or "can") export a tasklist and global settings of some programms from a backup file"

It's only few of "incorrections" =)

(blunders, tbh ))

Edited by zi0_ (see edit history)

We are not unaware of these issues -- in all languages, not just Russian. However, all of us are volunteers, and we have to rely upon those who volunteer translations in various languages. If there are errors (and we're sure that there are), we are also aware that two people can translate the same document, and produce results wildly different -- so different that it makes you doubt they came from the same source.

We're certainly not in any position to judge translations into languages none of us speak or read!

Ideally, we would have a small group -- three or four people -- working on the translation of each language, so that thoroughness, technology and communication would all be equally honored in the final product. Unfortunately, we don't. We're also not in a position to make corrections. Gramatically, we don't have the first idea what we're doing in a great many languages. We have to rely on completed sets and revisions. Thus, a list of errors does absolutely nothing for us.

2 greywizard:

I saw the LaunchPad and begun to work with that. But for good translation it may be need to see phrase/word in conext (as I tried to enlight in my examples ))

2 kluelos:

Of course. There is the point for the one (complete) translation have to be made by one person, I suppose?

Or to be inspected/proofreaded otherwise.

In any way, feel free contact me, if you will need help with the matter.

OK, let me make something clear.

Translations of BitComet in all languages that are available, were and are done by volunteers, working either on Launchpad or offline (and then uploading the files).

The BitComet team doesn't have any direct implication in this, other than updating and including the updated translations in the next version of BitComet which appears.

They don't promote, supervise or ask for help in this matter as they have no means of doing that (one would have to speak all the available languages or to have one person for each language).

They just made it possible to have the GUI in multiple languages, and set up both the tools and the environment for that.

The rest is up to the user communities for each language, to translate, improve and maintain accurate translated versions of it, very much as it is with skins of other applications.

No one here on the forum or in the development team (which is in China) can verify what you would translate (save perhaps for other Russian compatriots of yours). That goes for any other language.

Therefore, if you really care to see a better translated GUI for Russian, all you need to do is work on the translation either online or offline.

The only judges of its quality will be other persons who speak the same language as you do.