To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Problem: BitComet doesn't upload!

***Topic moved from Bug Reports section***

Hi!

This is my first post here, I've read your rules and I hope I don't mess this up :)

Ok, let's get started..

-BitComet version: 1.27 stable release

-Internet connection: Optical 20M/20M

-My computer (where BitComet is located) is connected directly to the internet via modem (iskratel PROSPERO 632),

but there is also a wireless router (d-link DIR-600) connected to the modem,

because we also wanted a wireless access to the internet in our house and not just in my room.

-As far as I know I've never forwarded my ports or port, I don't even know what that means.

-I have AVG internet security (I belive as a firewall and antivirus, but I'm not sure)

-I also think that standard windows firewall is enabled

-Speedtest.net results: PING ranges from 3 to 7ms, DOWNLOAD speed is always a little more than 20Mbps, UPLOAD is always more than 30Mbps (ussualy around 35)

It is evident from the title of the topic what my problem is, my BitComet wont upload (seed). Not when I'm downloading and not even when I finish downloading and want to seed.

If it's a great day my upload speed rises to 1kB/s. My computer works just fine otherwise and I'm using default settings in BitComet. I can download with no problems and get

speeds up to 2000 (and more) kB/s easily. Prior to my 20M/20M optical connection and wireless router i was using the same settings with DSL 10M/768kB/s connection and I could upload

or seed with no problems except with low speed. This problem began when I got mine wireless instaled.

This is all my information and as you can see my upload should be huge, thats why I got optical internet in the first place.

I really hope you can help me, if you need any more information just ask, I'll write back ASAP.

Tnx again, now get those heads together and start thinking :)

Ceger89

p.s. I also belive you really should try and fix my problem, because in my understanding of P2P sharing it's not fair to other people that I download

everything with amazing speed and can't repay them with uploading (which I am more than willing to do, that's why I'm here), so please hurry :) Tnx again

Edited by greywizard (see edit history)

First of all, please make sure you post in the right section.

This is most probably a misconfiguration issue not a bug.

Second of all (and this made me smile a little) it's is YOU who "should" try to fix your problem since it's you who's not uploading. :)

We, as the unpaid volunteers that we are, can only do our best to help you when you ask, but we have no "duty" to make sure you're uploading. B)

We'll sure do our best to help you, to the extent of our knowledge.

OK, now to your problem.

Your "modem" is not a modem at all it's an Ethernet router with NAT enabled, which means that on your router will have to perform port-forwarding before your client will function properly.

However, before getting to that, if your client won't upload at all even when it's downloading this sounds a little odd.

You mean the upload speed always stays to 0KB/s when you're downloading or just that it's close to 0KB/s rather up to your line's capacity?

Also, while BC is running with some tasks active, go to the Statistics tab and right-click inside it, then choose "Copy All".

Then come and paste the info here, so that we may take a look at your settings, prior to any other advice we may give you regarding port-forwarding.

Hi again!

Sorry about posting in the wrong section, I was too busy following other rules I forgot about this one:)

Ok, tnx for answering so fast, and you're right it's me, but I'm totally lost and dont know what to do... So it's you or nothing :)

Thank you very much for the help again. Plus I thought you do get paid or you help to run BC.. Anyway, back to the topic.

Tnx for informing me on what I actually have, I'm not a very good computer expert :)

My upload speed is always close to 0 KB/s sometimes it goes to 1 and that's about it...

STATISTICS:

Up Time: 0:07:38

Overall Tasks: Total:64 / Running: 0

TCP Connections: Established: 0 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 0 [MAX:10]

LAN IP: 192.168.0.102

WAN IP: 89.x.x.x

Listen Port of TCP: 11970 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 11970 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP added, UDP added]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [D-Link (http://www.dlink.com.tw/)]

Overall Download Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] All BT Upload Slots: 0

Free Phys Mem: 2.24 GB (Min to keep: 50 MB)

Memory Usage: Working Set: 35.65 MB, Commit Size: 20.77 MB

Disk Cache Size: 0 B (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Read: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 0.0%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Write: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 0.0%

Total Downloaded: 404.18 GB (this session: 1.91 KB)

Total Uploaded: 588.20 GB (this session: 1.47 KB)

Ok, this is it I belive, hope this helps, and please forget my lack of knowledge about who should do what, I'm just glad you're offering help :)

Ceger89

Edited by greywizard
Elided last octets of the WAN IP (see edit history)

I'm a little confused by the readings.

You say that your PC which runs BitComet is connected directly to the Iskratel router, however BitComet reports a failed UPnP mapping to the DLink device, which doesn't make sense (unless Iskratel uses DLink firmware).

Can you verify once again to which device are you connected and how?

Are you connected through a cable?

If yes to which of the two routers?

Also open a command prompt (Start->Run->cmd) and type ipconfig /all then paste here the results (right-click->Select All->paste the contents here).

Ok, my computer is directly connected to the d-link router with a cable, the d-link router is connected to the iskratel router again with a cable and from the iskratel router one cable goes to the TV and the other one leeds in to the wall, so I guess this is the internet access cable. So I made a mistake my computer is actually connected to the d-link router not the iskratel one, sorry.

Up Time: 0:07:38

Overall Tasks: Total:64 / Running: 0

TCP Connections: Established: 0 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 0 [MAX:10]

LAN IP: 192.168.0.102

WAN IP: 89.x.x.x

Listen Port of TCP: 11970 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 11970 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP added, UDP added]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [D-Link (http://www.dlink.com.tw/)]

Overall Download Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] All BT Upload Slots: 0

Free Phys Mem: 2.24 GB (Min to keep: 50 MB)

Memory Usage: Working Set: 35.65 MB, Commit Size: 20.77 MB

Disk Cache Size: 0 B (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Read: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 0.0%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Write: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 0.0%

Total Downloaded: 404.18 GB (this session: 1.91 KB)

Total Uploaded: 588.20 GB (this session: 1.47 KB)

Did I explain well enough, again I'm sorry about my lack of knowledge about computer hardware and software.

Hope you understand me now.

Ceger89

And tnx for hiding my i.p. how foolish of me :)

Edited by Ceger89 (see edit history)

Well, in this case you're up for quite a bit of reading.

There is a very detailed guide in the BitComet Wiki, regarding port forwarding: Add Port Mapping in NAT router.

You will need to read the alternative second part of the guide which deals with Manual Port Forwarding since you are using two daisy-chained routers both with NAT enabled and thus automatic forwarding through UPnP won't work for you.

Therefore, once you've read the introduction to the guide jump to the Manual Port Forwarding part (the second one) and read it all without actually doing anything first.

That's because after you've read the first section of the Manual Forwarding part, you will come to the cascaded-routers subsection which actually applies specifically to your case. Yet you need to read all the stuff mentioned before this in order to understand what the port forwarding process is about, in general.

Because in your case you will have to probably perform it two times, so unless you get it right you won't get working results.

Feel free to ask clarifications at any step of the guide which seems fuzzy to you.

You might want to consider connecting direct to your primary router, so you'll only have to deal with setting up portforwarding in that router.

Or another option would be to set your first router to put the dlink router in DMZ mode. That will allow all internet traffic to connect direct to the dlink, just make sure there isn't anything else on the first router that is already using this service.

Some clarity is needed.

If BitComet is reporting "UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [D-Link (http://www.dlink.com.tw/)]", then it is apparent that your computer is connected, not to the iskratel router, but to the Dlink router.

Thus you have:

Your computer <- DLink router <- Iskratel router <- FTTH jack

which is not what you said in your first post. You said the setup was

Your Computer <-| Iskratel router 
Dlink Router <-| Iskratel router <- FTTH jack

It makes a big difference. If you can change the hookup so that it does conform to #2, with your computer plugged directly into one of the LAN jacks on the Iskratel, that will simplify your task considerably.

IF you must use #1, then you will have to forward the signal through the Iskratel's firewall to the Dlink, and then through the Dlink's firewall to your computer. That's simple enough if you're very clear on what you're doing, but it's no task for a novice. If you can use the #2 setup, then the Dlink simply isn't your problem anymore and drops out of the picture.

Tnx to everyone for the answers, atleast you made clear I can resolve this issue.

I'll try and do what you said I should do, but I doubt I'll be able to do it on my own.

I'll probably just call my computer guy who connected al this crap in the first place.

Tnx again for the ansewers and your time, please leave the topic open if I have any more

questions for you and to report what happend.

Ceger89

@ kluelos : I can connect my computer directly into the iskratel,

but then the internet on my computer stops working althou wireless still works.

Does this mean I still have to port forward after

I switch the cable in to the lan slot of iskratel

or does it require me to do something else?

If your not willing to attempt this on your own, then there is no point in trying to diagnose why your connection doesn't work when bypassing the dlink router. I suggest you ask your computer guy to simply setup portforwarding in your routers for bitcomet. It's not difficult and he should be able to do it within half hour or less.

When you change your setup, you usually need to change your network connection settings or at least check them. This is again easy, but not a job for a determined novice.