To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Global Disabled?

Hello all, please forgive me if I've put this in the wrong area but...

Can someone please enlighten me (or point me in the right direction), as to what "Global Disabled" in "ED2K link" under the files tab means? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

soultribe.

BitComet can use ED2K links to supplement downloads, provided that you have the plugin installed and have enabled it.

If you have no idea what that means, start by googling "EDonkey" and go from there. It's a P2P technology that's completely different from Bittorrent.

emule, edonkey, ed2k, they are all terms for a completely different file sharing network. BitComet is unique in being the only p2p program that can not only use both, but can actually download parts of the same task from both networks, but in 99.9% of the cases, this isn't necessary. Experienced users may find some rare content that is still available on ed2k but not on torrents, so it can be a useful tool, but if you want to use it, then you really need to understand it first, and this is far to "in depth" to cover in a forum post so as kluelos suggested, either start reading, or simply ignore it.

Choice is yours.

To both kluelos & The UnUsual Suspect,

Thank you for your very quick (in my small experience w/ forums) reply. I very well "could" have quite a bit of googling ahead of me.

soultribe.

P.S.

Thanks also to any/all who may have answered as I'm replying.

It means that the use of eMule plugin is disabled on a global level in BitComet (i.e. the eMule plugin is not installed or not enabled) as opposed to when it shows "Task Disabled" which means that the use of eMule plugin is disabled only for that particular task but it still works for the other tasks in the Task List.