To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

bitcomet integration(firefox extension) not working with Firefox 5.0

deshpande

If you insist on installing new major firefox releases, you'll find many extensions don't work. This is something you need to accept and live with. I'm sure the developers will make a ff5 compatible extension, but keep in mind that no one is being paid to do so, so patience would be expected.

A new extension will be listed in BitComet release notes as new versions are released.

Dear user, Firefox just released 5.0 version on 21st June.

Our development team are now working on this new version and we need some time to release a upgrade version.

This is not a bug, so please wait in patience and you can get the updated info from our website and forum. :)

If you want to use this add-on before we release a new version, we suggest that you may downgrade Firefox to a prior version which is compatible with BitComet Vedio Downloader.

For firefox to go from 4.0 to 5.0 in a matter of weeks is unusual. I'm guessing it was due to the massive number of complaints with versions 4.x.

If you want a solution that works for you while you wait, then why not try cometbird (version 3.6.16). This is a modified version of firefox and will eaily co-exist with firefox. You may even like it better, but at very least you can use it for your video downloads until the FF-5 extensions have been released.

if you are just looking for download integration you can always use FlashGot plugin :)

and suspect, it would nice if you add this in 'submitting Bugs' or in 'READ THIS before posting' that every after major update of Firefox, extension will take some time to get updated,although it's commonsense. because i can see some similar questions down the thread.

Edited by puttachinku (see edit history)

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't want to clutter the "read this" post, it's hard enough to get people to read it as it is, but I can make a "forum rules" header like we have in the bitcomet sections that will appear at the top of the cometbird section that states this.

Very good suggestion, I'd give you a gold star on your name if we had one to give :P

Edit: I just realized this was a bitcomet question, not a cometbird. We get asked this more often in cometbird section so it confused me lol

I'll have to give this more thought