To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Seeking Knowledgable Advice

mksharky

Bitcomet indicates my Listen Port is Blocked ? This is first time showing Yellow it has always been Green. I'm not experienceing any significant problems and would like to keep it that way! Thought I would ask for help first unblocking port before creating a problem myself. Thank You!!!

• 2 months later...

before starting anything i shud tel ya dat i have read all ur guides dat could have solved ma probs..all ur forum discussions and replies too...

i have a problem of listen port blocked...

i tried setting my ip address to static...

i tried to fix d firewall exceptions also..and used inbound rules too..

i also enabled the network discovery....

i have tried disabling the firewall too..

i am using mcafee trial pack antivirus...

in short i have tried every option .....

but ma prob is I am conneting through *MTS internet usb datacard* device...

the bitcomet 1.29 statistics say i dont have UpNP Nat port mapping:failed (device not found)

i am pasting wat i see in bitcomet statistics pls go thru... [/size]

Up Time: 12:22:10

Overall Tasks: Total: 8 / Running: 1

TCP Connections: Established: 137 [MAX:300] / Half-Open: 67 [MAX:200]

LAN IP: 116.203.116.254

WAN IP: 116.203.116.254

Listen Port of TCP: 65432 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 65432 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP added, UDP added, TCP(ED2K) added, UDP(ED2K) added]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [uPNP device not found!]

Disk Boost Service: Running

Overall Download Rate: 32 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 100 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 3 kB/s [MAX:10] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:3] All BT Upload Slots: 4

Memory Usage: Working Set: 170.94 MB, Commit Size: 228.16 MB

Free Memory: Phys: 2.04 GB (Min to keep: 50 MB), Pagefile: 5.06 GB, Virtual: 8,191 GB

Disk Cache Size: 50 MB (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 5332 (freq: 0.1/s), Actual Disk Read: 1817 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 65.9%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 68957 (freq: 1.2/s), Actual Disk Write: 3778 (freq: 0.5/s), Hit Ratio: 94.5%

Total Downloaded: 1.20 GB (this session: 1.20 GB)

Total Uploaded: 104.77 MB (this session: 104.77 MB)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

now still it says the following problem with yellow light on:--

blocked:116.203.116.254:65432

THE BALLON MSG SAYS THIS:--YOUR LISTEN PORT IS BLOCKED.YOU CAN STILL DOWNLOAD BUT THE SPEED MAY NOT BE VERY FAST.PLEASE CHECK YOUR FIREWALL AND NAT ROUTER CONFIGURATIONS (and i guess as i said before bitcomit statistics says--- UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [uPNP device not found!]

pls help i have spend hours solving this prob but i cudnt get thru...i have snapshot of wat error it gives but i dnt kno how to upload it cuz it asks for a image url and i have dat image on ma desktop...i am jus downloading at a speed of avg 50kBps...

You won't get an open listening port with a mobile telecom modem which uses mobile wireless technology (GSM, GPRS, EVDO, HSPA, CDMA, UMTS etc.) to connect to the Internet.

In the great majority of cases these connections are firewalled on the ISP side (you actually get only a "half-connection") and there is nothing you can do, short of contacting them and trying to negotiate obtaining a full Internet connection.

As I said, either contact your Internet provider and ask them if they offer any different Internet plan where you can get a full Internet connection (where incoming connections are not firewalled by default) or seek another Internet provider that offers standard unfirewalled Internet connections by default (all xDSL, cable or FiOS services are unfirewalled Internet connections by default).

The answer to that will be "no", from any provider I'm aware of. Those cell towers are firewalled and will stay that way, so no unauthorized traffic (read:ads) can get in them. That sort of service is not intended for file transfers, because that takes up too much bandwidth that can be more profitably used elsewhere.

The only effective thing you can do is change to cable or DSL service.

Please don't take this personally, but this is an International forum and people come here from all over the world and try to do the best they can to translate English language posts so they can help themselves. When you type words like "dat" instead of "that", your making it impossible for anyone to understand you that doesn't speak your brand of slang. To be honest, it can be annoying to read too. We all go to great lengths to use proper spelling and grammar so we can be understood, please do accordingly.

If if your understanding of English is keeping you from using it properly, then that's another story,we always try to understand users who aren't fluent in English, but I think you can do better.

I'll also mention this...

i have read all ur guides dat could have solved ma probs..all ur forum discussions and replies too...

If this is so, then how come I don't know what windows version your using?

Don't take it personally, in this case it doesn't really matter because of the type of internet connection you use. Basically if you think of it like a telephone service, you have an unlisted bittorrent number, so no one can call you. You can call them, but until you connect to them, they cannot trade with you, It should work both ways, Local and remote connections, constantly coming and going.

Now here is why this is a problem...

Assume I just joined the torrent. My bitcomet is set to connect to upto 100 peers, so I start sending out connection attempts (half-open connections at a rate of about 10 per second). five minutes later I have 100 connections and I won't accept any more. Ten minutes later you finally get a new peer list that includes me and you try to open a connection to me, but all my connections are used so I refuse it....

Ten minutes later I need connections again, but I cannot connect to you, so I find other peers. You eventually try to connect to me again, but by then I'm busy and cannot accept your connection.

Another ten mins later and you catch me when I need connections and we can finally trade. Now can you imagine if you had to go through all that for every single peer connection you get, constantly unable to allow connections when peers want to trade and you can only hope you get lucky now and then and find a good connection.

As you were told by Greywizard and kluelos, as long as you get your internet from a celular network,you're never going to have efficient use of torrents. None of us know of, or have heard of any celular networks that allow incoming connections.

The only thing we can offer you is a limited technology that bitcomet dropped nearly 30 versions ago called "NAT Traversal". It was designed to circumnavigate these firewalls using other connected peers, but very few clients support it today so even if you use it,it may not help much at all except on the most popular torrents. If you want to Try NAT Traversal, the last version to support it was version 1.02. You can download it from the link in my signature.

Also make sure you have Long Term Seeding enabled, it will be your best way to get decent speeds on popular torrents, at least until you get a better internet connection.

Other then that, the only options left aren't free, such as renting a seedbox to run your torrents, or we do have a VIP service, but it's still in developmental stage so you may, or may not have good results, but it's not very expensive and the funds are used to support bitcomet development. I really don't recommend a novice user try it though, at least not until its development is complete.

Another option would be using sites like Rapidshare or Megaupload. They have premium accounts you can purchase and you can use bitcomet to download from most of them, they are direct downloads, so there is no peer to peer connections, just a server sending you the files.

Last option I can suggest is joining a newsgroup like Giganews or usenet.