To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

DHT not working

mudit4

dht can only return peers if they exist. In this case, there probably are none.

also, please save your screenshots as .jpg not .bmp, it will reduce the file size greatly, and please don't put them in .zip, it only makes more work for our volunteer staff.

thanks for your answer

from next time i will use .jpg.

My problem is not only for a particular torrent. Sometimes DHT do return me peers but most of the time it keep showing connecting even if there are thousands of peers across the dht network. (I found a temporary solution - keep updating the trackers and 1 out of 10 times dht returns me peers).Other bit torrent clients do return me peers of the same torrent at the same time.

I also see that quite often the DHT does not return peers for a while even when other sources return peer lists quite quickly. There is a 20 minute timeout before DHT retries but it usually connects after a while and normally before the 20 minutes runs out.

Won't trackers get upset if they see you repeatedly updating in a short space of time?

repeated update of trackers is called "hammering the tracker" and is considered hostile. Some trackers will block your IP address if you do this.

As for dht, there is no tracker to update, so it's not as simple as getting a list from one central server Instead the lists are traded among connected peers.

You can learn more by doing a search for "distributed hash table".