To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

hellp plz

elropaa

I'm from Egypt and I have a MasterCard issued by Bank of Egyptian and deal by buying most of the sites across the internet, but Paypal site does not accept the deal with this card

If that's how I bought a VIP membership card with this?

The credit card number you have entered cannot be verified. Only credit cards from approved countries may be used on PayPal

This problem has been mentioned before. There are issues with PayPal, but right now it's the only method that BitComet is set up to work with. Paypal makes it very easy for sellers to sign up with their service.

There have been suggestions of other payment solutions, but so far, nobody has ever followed up on any.

I believe you can still open a paypay account, you just can't use your credit card to fund it. I'm sure they have some other means of funding the account. You should contact paypal and ask them.

If you're trying to make a paypal payment without having a paypal account, then they do only accept payments from countries that have agreements on things like how to deal with fraud.

You can also look into buying a prepaid debit card. They can be handy for area's of the world that are avoided by international retailers. I don't know a lot about the subject, but some countries in Africa do little or nothing at all when one of their citizens commit internet fraud, such as the many lottery scams, or the ones claiming a rich person died in their country and you can claim their account. People are scammed out of money every day and some of these countries do nothing at all about it, so no bank or business will do business with anyone in the country.

It's sad that in these modern times, entire geographical regions have to be isolated from international trade, but such is the world we live in.

I hope you're able to resolve this issue.

If you can explore other available payment services, and provide Ariel with links to follow up, it might be possible to get some alternatives set up. As it is, though, we really have no idea what alternatives are out there in your part of the world.

If you have a bank account in the country where you live (in dollars or euro) you can wire the money into your PayPal account (using a standard international transfer). You should be able to find the IBAN account number and the SWIFT/BIC code on the respective page of the PayPal site.

I remember I did this once for an online purchase, before I got my credit card.

So it definitely works as a method to top up your PayPal account. It's mentioned in detail somewhere on their site among the other methods to top up your account (PayPal) balance.

Wiz, this assumes that one is using PayPal as a signed-up member OF PayPal, with a PayPal account. Many people are not members, and are merely submitting a payment via credit/debit card, to be processed by PayPal, which is a different thing entirely and is probably what elroppa was talking about.

That much is certain, he definitely was trying to use paypal without having a paypal account, which is why I recommended opening an account. If an account was open and the funds in it cleared, then this problem wouldn't exist.

Oh, yes. Paypal would still be a niche player in the market, if everyone had to be a member to use it.

But the same factors that prevent Paypal from processing certain cards are also likely to create difficulties for those cardholders ever becoming members.

We really need to find a different solution for this part of the world. Unfortunately, no one *from* that part of the world ever seems to follow up on this.

Paypal will take a creditcard payment from non members and forward the money to a member, but they only do this for countries who have some protections against fraud. It became very common for criminals in certain countries to make internet purchases using stolen credit card numbers, and in the united states, the issuing card company is required to pay any charges made on a stolen card as long as the merchant follows the guidelines to report the fraud and cooperates with the investigation, but some countries don't require credit card companies to honor charges on stolen cards, so paypal won't accept them from non members. You can probably use the same account to fund your paypal account, but there will probably be a delay in accessing the funds to make sure they are legit.