UIF and ISO files information and use.

dps1976

Was this information useful?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Vote below.

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat

I have come to find that using UDF or ISO files are quite easy to mount with the right programs. First of all, if you come across a UDF file in a download, no problem... Use MagicISO to deal with this type of file. It is a free downloaded program, unless you would like to pay for it but, it's free none-the-less.

The ISO type files are a little more easier for me to deal with. I use Nero 10 to mount the disk images to a dvd. I found that Nero 10 is the most easiest to use out of all the other programs I have tried, a little pricey but, easy. Once you have the ISO file, just create a DVD (ISO Image) with Nero. 1-2 hours later, you have your mounted disk and it should work just like buying the real thing from the store.

Please contact me with any questions to this or post below.

Once you have the ISO file, just create a DVD (ISO Image) with Nero. 1-2 hours later, you have your mounted disk and it should work just like buying the real thing from the store.

Err... what exactly are you talking about here?

ISO files ARE disc images already.

Why would anyone wanna spend "1-2 hours" making an "ISO image" (with Nero) out of an already existent ISO image, anyway?

Any decent "virtual drive" program such as Daemon Tools will recognize and mount most types of disc images you can find on the Internet, directly, without any other fuss.

You're definitely doing a lot of unnecessary work and ruining the quality at the same time. Try ImgBurn (imgburn.com) and burn the .iso files directly to a disc, 5mins later you'll have a much better disc then you were making after hours of re-encoding.

the way you described it would be like buying a house and stripping it down to use the lumber so you can buiild... a house out of it... a lot of work for nothing.