To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

0 kB/s seeding speed

dougfunny64

Why sometimes the uploading(seeding) rate keeps stuck at 0 kB/s?Bitcomet finishes downloading the torrent files,though it just doesn't upload after that.It doesn't happen with all the tasks,but usually with those ones which have few seeds/peers.I've noticed that on Summary tab,the Status line reports "Connecting".Both TCP/UDP listen ports are open(according to Statistics tab)in the PC router and also in Windows Firewall.Here are some specs:

BC version:1.31 x86

Modem:Huawei SmartAX MT880a(bridge config) ADSL2+

Router:D-Link DIR-600(PPPoE config)

Speedtest bandwidth test:

1646731531.png

Is this an issue with the torrent task itself,with BitComet or with my internet connection?

There has been a reported problem with the number of displayed peers.

The team has added it on the "to fix" list.

Thus, the number of reported peers may not always be the real one.

Therefore, the case may be that you simply don't have anyone interested to download from you. There still may be some peers in the swarms but if their download bandwidth gets saturated from other faster uploaders (than you) perhaps, they'll probably never connect to you.

The "Connecting..." status means that none of the sources displayed in the Trackers tab are returning any peers, for that task.

If that's the case (e.g. for a task which was seeding in the previous session) it basically means that BC couldn't retrieve any peers either by DHT or trackers, yet.

So it stands to reason that it doesn't have anyone to upload to.

Today I've noticed this message on Trackers log:

<tracker name> .......... "Tracker connection error: 10661 No connection could be established because the destination machine has refused them actively"

(note:this is a rough translation.The original sentence is in Portuguese)

The torrent task reports that there's only one peer,and it doesn't seem to be downloading from me:

Seeds/Peer[all] >>>> 0/0[0/1]

Howsoever,what you stated really makes sense to me.The seeding rate is stuck at 0 kB/s most probably because I'm not uploding to anyone.

Thanks for making it clear!

Edited by dougfunny64 (see edit history)

Today I've noticed this message on Trackers log:

<tracker name> .......... "Tracker connection error: 10661 No connection could be established because the destination machine has refused them actively"

(note:this is a rough translation.The original sentence is in Portuguese)

The torrent task reports that there's only one peer,and it doesn't seem to be downloading from me:

Seeds/Peer[all] >>>> 0/0[0/1]

Howsoever,what you stated really makes sense to me.The seeding rate is stuck at 0 kB/s most probably because I'm not uploding to anyone.

Thanks for making it clear!

That messages is usually because the torrent's author had no idea how to make a torrent and read somewhere that it's a good idea to add a lot of trackers. If so, all they are doing is making a lot of tracker admins angry when peers try to connect to torrents they don't even track.

0 seeds means there is no one sharing the torrent, so it's dead and will never download unless a seeder returns.