To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

torrent file download failed

The error itself means that whatever BitComet got, wasn't in anything like the correct format.

It usually happens when there's an error on the server, and instead of sending you the .torrent file, it sends the error message or random garbage.

Lately now, it happens a lot when somebody tries to open a magnet link as if it were a .torrent file -- this since TPB changed to mostly use magnet links, and a lot of people still try to open them as torrents.

this happens with me too,if i try to download a single file it fails but if i download a single file in a folder the download succeeds and that is using torrent download files on both. So can someone please tell me why it does this and please be gentle as this is my 1st post,thanks

this happens with me too,if i try to download a single file it fails but if i download a single file in a folder the download succeeds and that is using torrent download files on both. So can someone please tell me why it does this and please be gentle as this is my 1st post,thanks

Can you please explain exactly what your doing, and what happens? Your statement is very vague, so we can't begin go understand what problem you might be having. Would also help if we new the basic info about your system.

Sorry about the vagueness, Im using Bitcomet 1.31 on the Windows 7 platform on a Samsung R530 laptop.

I just cant understand whats happened i used to be able to download any torrent but now when i try to download a single file which isnt in a folder i get the red cross.

If that same file is in a folder there isnt a problem at all.

Lets say i wanted to download an episode of the Mentalist and it was just a video file on its own i would get the red cross and it would fail,but if that same episode was in a folder lets say the video and just to use an example an nfo file or pics of the cover it would download without a problem.

I never had this problem till recently and i havent changed anything,ive even uninstalled and reinstalled bitcomet at least 3 times,its so frustrating

• 1 month later...