To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Unable to download movies in IE with my bit comet

hi, ive been using bit comet 1.30 for a longer time. in fact ive already downloaded ample of movies,musics and programs. though recenty there has been a change in the outcome, when ill try to download movies using my bit comet in the IE, there a an error that will display "Diagnose connection" iv ben trying to find a solution, in fact i already uninstal and reinstal my bit comet but to no avail. With the ISP im connecting through a hotspot router. pls inform me on any solution you guys may think.thank you..

• 2 weeks later...

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

It appears you are connected to the Internet, but you might want to try to reconnect to the Internet.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Most likely causes:

• You are not connected to the Internet.
  • The website is encountering problems.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

• Internet connectivity has been lost.
  • The website is temporarily unavailable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
  • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.

To view subscribed feeds:

1. Click the Favorites button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages):

1. Press Alt, click File, and then click Work Offline.
  2. Click the Favorites button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

If, as I gather, you are trying to bittorrent through a WiFi hotspot, most of them take steps to prevent this. Bittorrent clients generally grab all of the bandwidth they can get, and this is considered to be outstandingly rude behavior when dealing with a limited, shared resource like hotspot bandwidth. If they figure out it's you, they throw your fundament out of the coffee shop to the cheers of the other patrons, and forbid you to return.

What you are seeing may be the result of detecting excessive bandwidth usage, and consequent blocking -- they find you and kick you off.