To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Torrents order and priority

It's strange, that there's no request for such features, they really would ease work with BitComet.

As title says 1st - ability to move higher/lower in the list so they starts not in order you added them, but in order you set(without manual stopping and then restarting when needed download starts). This feature released in uTorrent(see /\ and \/ buttons on toolbar on screenshot at the and of message) and shouldn't be too hard to implement in BitTorrent.

2nd feature - to set for torrent(not it's separate files) needed priority. Just as in "Files" tab, but not 1by1 for each file, but for all torrent.

I thank creators of BitComet for their great product and hope this will make usage of it even more comfortable for a lot of people.

97f2077e72f4287ee656e75a5f61727a.jpg

BitComet's had the first feature for at least five years. You should check the FAQ and the settings guide.

Feature 2 is really cosmetic. You don't have that much control over what comes it, when, or how fast, so you can't really set "priorities". The only way for such a setting to actually do anything is for it to start rejecting incoming pieces of lower-priority torrents -- which is just dumb.

If a torrent is a high priority for you, then you need to make sure it is getting all of the bandwidth that it ask for, and that involves stopping other tasks if they are interfering or taking too much. To the extent that you want to do that, you can use the existing queueing system with the maximum task limits.

Task queuing options can allow you to start them in any order you like, as kluelos mentions, but the only way to give priority of one torrent/s over others would be to use task specific settings to limit how much bandwidth the less important tasks can use. This could cause inefficient use of bandwidth in a case where the only available pieces at a given moment are for the less important tasks. In that case your speed would be reduced because of your restrictive settings, but if the high priority torrents had good availability, then it wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for advice on 2nd one, but you probably got it wrong for 1st one. I meant torrents order, not order of files in torrent, which I knew about. Sorry if I'm being stupid, but can't find torrents order if it is there :unsure: .

---

Why don't make arrows like in uTorrent so it would be easily accessible and intuitive? *still searching* :(

Edited by gexxelord (see edit history)

Just confirmed that buttons was there, in toolbar, but disabled. I feel stupid for not checking toolbar for additional buttons. Main page and Forums are enabled by default and yet such important buttons - not, strange.

Also saying that ctrl+up/down works as those arrows, but ctrl+pg up/pg down - not and drag&drop too. While holding mouse button you selecting multiple torrents, not moving one, on which you started holding mouse button(with holding ctrl - same).

Yep, the PgUp and PgDn seems to not be working anymore for moving the torrents, in the last version. Not sure if it's a bug or the team just changed that on purpose.

Drag'n'drop works but you have to put your pointer on the green icon (in that column) not just anywhere in the row, in order to be able to drag it.