To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Vip Acceleration is a con

I've recently purchased vip acceleration and with a line speed of just over 20 Mb/s i thought it seemed like a great way to start using my full bandwidth potential, but nope. Downloading a file with over 120 seeds and just over 5k peers, and so far all i've got is "your download channel is now ready" but thats it. I have an avg speed of 500-550 Kb/s. When I started this task earlier it was around 1100 Kb/s before I enabled the VIP Acceleration.

I don't mind donating money to BitComet to help it keep going. But I do mind being sold something that obviously hasn't been working for over a year now seeing as it was early 2011 this was launched.

Well done BitComet your the Microsoft of the Torrent Clients. Just boycott VIP Acceleration till they either a) Fix it or b ) Take it out.

Edited by aLoff_Das_Vampiros (see edit history)

You might want to work on keeping your units straight. It really hurts your credibility.

You say it "obviously hasn't been working for over a year now...". How do you know that? Isn't that because you were told so, in many other messages from the staff on this forum? You speak of "donating money to BitComet". Where did you get that notion? Isn't it because the staff here suggested that everyone look at it that way?

(And BTW, you are wrong about that. Nobody ever said this was to "help [bitcomet] keep going". You were told that it was to fund the development of VIP acceleration, which is in a pre-beta state and is likely to remain so for the indefinite future. No one ever claimed otherwise.)

Told for a long timethat it didn't work properly, you bought VIP acceleration anyway, and are now saying you were conned? Perhaps you'd like to explain the reasoning whereby you feel deceived?

Everyone who has requested a refund has eventually received it. Would you care to explain how this money-losing practice is a confidence game? Because it sure looks like BitComet has forgotten to swindle anyone. Darn! Knew there was something or other getting past us ....

VIP has yet to officially launch, it's been "officially" open for beta testing since day one and no one denys it's had some serious problems, but the development team aren't paid, they all have their day jobs and develop this product when time allows, just as our forum staff volunteers time to help members. Perhaps it would be best to withdraw it until some of the bugs are worked out, but I cannot speak for the developers and they might have a solution in sight and not want to give up on it... I really don't know, but if you're unhappy just ask for a refund from paypal, there is no point in insulting someone who gives you free software by calling them cons.... very disrespectful in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to agree with the poster on this. I bought the 100Gb package, found it to be useless since it does nothing for download speed. Yes it states that it's in bets phase (now unlinke before when it only said the anon download was beta) I've tried contacting zerojinn as stated in a previous thread about a refund twice and yet have not recieved any sort of reply, I've even asked for a refund from paypal, and the issue still is not resolved. I will try one more time to get my money back before resorting to legal action and a lawsuit against the Bitcomet team.

Zerojinn is no longer handling these things, the person you can contact is Queeniequ

Also, getting a refund from paypal is a simple matter, you tell them you were unhappy with a purchase, BitComet has about 10 days to dispute it, which it never does, then the refund is processed. Your threats of legal action aren't necessary. The bitcomet team has given you free software and is trying to develop something revolutionary here, and it's ironic that your one and only post in the forum is to complain and threaten a lawsuit... not even a thanks for a free product?

Oh, wait, hold up, guys. Let's not do anything on this, I want to see how it plays out. thexnemesis, do make sure to tell your lawyer that you want to sue somebody from China, plus a set of unpaid volunteers from Spain, Romania, Texas &c who have no legal connection at all to the aforesaid Chinese organization. Let us know what he says. This should be good.

BTW, zerojinn has left due to unspecified family issues, so her replacement will be taking up the refund issues.

Now I am responsible for the refund issues. Any one who wants to apply for a refund, you can send me a message. I'll handle it.

Sorry for all inconvenience brought to you.

• 1 month later...

how do i get the free trial? when i click it im not eligible to view this content what does it mean?

When you click "what"???

We have no idea what you're looking at on your screen when you click, so if we are going to try to duplicate your steps you're either going to have to describe them better, or provide screenshots so we know what you're clicking on, or what you're referring to regarding not being eligible.

If it helps, you need to be logged in and have at least 40,000 points for the free trial, but I'd recommend waiting until the service is out of beta testing before using your free trial if you do qualify.

• 2 weeks later...

The limit was imposed for a very good reason. When first offered we had so many users that no one was successfully able to use it. The only solution was to stop nearly all of the users to reduce them to a manageable level so a limit of 80,000 was imposed, and at first our testing went very well so the limit was reduced. We have since found new bugs and none of our forum staff know for sure why it works for some but not for others, so all we can do is ask members to wait until we get more reports of it working. If we were to lower the point requirement now it would most likely only disappoint people, so there is no point. When it is working for most, if not all members, I'll recommend a small reduction in point requirement, but for now we should all be patient and let the development team work on the service.