To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

hash will not start

brenx3

My bitcomet 1.32 won't start hash check,torrent file is 26,24GB.Other smaller torrent files hash works fine.Here is magnet link for this file:

Link removed by staff

Please help,i really don't wont to start downloading from beginning.

I was able to start this task, stop it, hash check it, and resume it with no problem using bitcomet 1.31 x64 running on windows seven x64. If you are unable to hash check the torrent I'd say it is most likely a problem with your local disc.

brenx3, there is a big red "Read This Before Posting" announcement on top of this section.

If you really want to post a bug report you should provide all the relevant info from that post.

At least your OS version would have been mandatory in this case.

In the first place, I would tell you, "don't download torrents like that!" Just think about it for a while. How many people do you know who even HAVE 26 free gigabytes of storage available on their systems? That's what you'd need to download that torrent. Whoever created it wasn't thinking at all!

There was no purpose to it. The individual components would have done just fine as individual downloads. In fact, they almost certainly exist in that form, so find and download them instead.

You can also wait, to see if BitComet will eventually start hash-checking once it finishes sizing up such a ridiculously large torrent. It may be that you just haven't given it enough time to start. Lord only knows how long it will take to finish.

Actually I quite often download torrents over 100gb without a problem. Entire TV series or movie collections are distributed this way, and trying to put the set together from separate torrents would be problematic.